Phyllis and Lee Coffey Geriatrics Practice at The Martha Stewart Center for Living
You and your family are at the center of all we do. The Phyllis and Lee Coffey Geriatrics Practice provides high-quality, affordable care for older adults. We work on an outpatient basis. Our specialty is caring for frail elders (75 years +) with complex health problems. These problems can include:
- Functional impairment
- Memory loss
- Polypharmia (side effects caused by multiple medications)
We offer comprehensive, coordinated care, working with the Martha Stewart Center for Living (MSCL). MSCL is a state-of-the-art outpatient center.
Our caring and compassionate medical team helps you make informed decisions about your health. We can draw on Mount Sinai’s vast resources, including a wide variety of specialists and researchers.
If you already have a primary care doctor but would to talk to a geriatrics comprehensive practice, we can consult with your doctor. We also offer healthy living activities such as yoga, tai chi, disease education, social enhancement, support groups, and arts and crafts classes. We support and educate your family members and caregivers.
- Access to onsite geriatric subspecialties, including rheumatology, gastroenterology, nephrology, and psychiatry
- Community referrals
- Comprehensive geriatric assessments
- Educational programs around aging and diseases of aging
- Management of multiple chronic conditions
- Palliative care
- Preventive medical services
- Primary care (routine health care)
- Second opinions
- Social and healthy living activities, such as yoga, tai chi and Pilates
- Social work and case management
- Support and education for family members and caregivers
- Urgent care visits