Volunteer Opportunities at The Mount Sinai Hospital
The Mount Sinai Hospital’s Department of Volunteer Service works with more than 1,000 volunteers to provide support to The Mount Sinai Hospital and the surrounding community.
With a wide range of placements—from inpatient and ambulatory areas to offices and laboratories—our dedicated team is vital in executing the Mount Sinai’s mission of excellence in patient care, education, and research.
Volunteer placements are available in the following categories:
Department of Volunteer Services
One Gustave L. Levy Place
New York, NY 10029
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at The Mount Sinai Hospital. We hope to welcome you into our volunteer corps in the near future.
Please note the following:
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years old. Age requirements may be higher for some placements.
- Potential volunteers will be provided with the required application materials, including letter of recommendation and medical clearance forms. Volunteer candidates ages 15 to 17 will receive additional materials.
- Volunteers are required to serve at least four consecutive hours per week for six months (100 hours). For summer placements, 10 hours per week for eight weeks (80 hours) is required. Time commitments may vary with placement.
- All volunteer service areas provide orientation, training, and supervision.
- From the time of the interview, the registration process usually takes about six weeks to complete.
- Applicants with non-immigrant visa status are not permitted to volunteer (this does not apply to US citizens or green card holders). Please contact International Personnel for alternative options.
Individuals who wish to volunteer during the summer months are encouraged to apply early in the calendar year. Summer placements last between four and eight weeks. You must be at least 15 years old to volunteer. Clinical research and laboratory research programs have specific application deadlines.