Administrative and Program Support
The Mount Sinai Hospital accepts volunteers for administrative offices and ambulatory care areas. Administrative support volunteer opportunities are designed to familiarize individuals with the structure and work flow of a complex medical setting. These are excellent opportunities for those who are interested in gaining an inside look at the inner workings of a hospital.
Volunteers will assist with finalizing development of the electronic resource guide in the SharePoint database for Social Work staffers, making accurate and timely referrals to patients and family caregivers. Volunteers will also review existing community resources on the Social Work intranet site and those submitted by social workers, comparing them to the existing Community Resource Guide for duplication. Volunteers will help develop new, vetted resources based on the resource page template by checking the necessary information on their respective website and contacting the organization. Volunteers will also upload resources to the existing SharePoint database. Hours are flexible with a minimum of two volunteer days for four hours a day per week.
- Bachelor’s degree or college upperclassman
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong information technology skills (ability to use Excel and Word and ability to learn SharePoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Volunteers will assist in administrative offices with the structure and workflow of a complex medical setting. Organizational and computer skills are utilized.
This volunteer position requires:
- Minimum age: 15
- Minimum hours: Four consecutive hours per week for four consecutive months
- Times to Volunteer: Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm