Who is Eligible?
East Harlem Health Outreach Program is committed to serving the underserved and uninsured residents of East Harlem.
At this time, EHHOP only serves those:
- Who are at least 22 years old
- Who live in East Harlem
- Who do not have health insurance, which includes Medicare, Medicaid, Family Health Plus, etc.
If you believe you are eligible and would like to be seen by EHHOP, please call us at 877-372-4161. Please leave your name, phone number, and when it is best to reach you along with your message. All phone calls are returned within 24 hours.
East Harlem Health Outreach Program is proud to provide comprehensive health services to our patients. That said, if you have an emergency, you must call 911; EHHOP cannot and does not provide emergency care.
The following services are free for all EHHOP patients:
- Primary and Preventive Care
- Non-Emergency Urgent Care
- Health Education and Awareness
- Patient Advocacy
- Social Work Counseling
- Prescribed Medications
- Laboratory Testing
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing
- Voluntary HIV/AIDS Testing and Counseling
- Referrals for Specialty Care and Imaging
- Nutrition and Exercise Counseling
- Fitness Classes (most Saturdays)
- Nursing Care
- Screening to determine eligibility for Medicaid or other public insurance
- Benefit screening to help identify relevant community resources
If you require specialty care, we will refer you to the appropriate clinic at Mount Sinai. EHHOP's Access to Care Team will help facilitate this process.
Most of the medications we offer are free for patients. For more expensive or brand name medications, we provide assistance with access to low cost or free options through patient drug assistance programs.
Our prescriptions can be picked up at the Mount Sinai Pharmacy. The pharmacy is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. It is located in the basement of The Mount Sinai Hospital at 1468 Madison Avenue.
Sometimes, patients need to have prescriptions filled at an outside pharmacy. We will let you know if that happens. The outside pharmacy we use is Metropolitan Pharmacy at 102nd Street and 2nd Avenue.
In addition to our weekly primary care clinic, EHHOP also has many ancillary clinics that are open only on select Saturdays:
- Mental Health
- Women's Health
- Cardiology Clinic
- Podiatry Clinic
Your primary clinic team will refer you to these clinics as appropriate.