Urgent Care Center
When you need care quickly, it’s good to know world-class medical care is only minutes away. Mount Sinai Union Square offers a brand-new choice: our Urgent Care Center, conveniently located just steps from Union Square Park, the Union Square Greenmarket, and one of New York City’s central subway hubs.
For more information, please call 212-844-6000.
We are staffed by the best-prepared board certified and board qualified emergency medicine doctors from across the Mount Sinai Health System. Not only do we treat you on the spot without an appointment, we consider you part of our Mount Sinai health care family. Following your urgent care visit, we continue to care for you, by:
- Calling you to check on how you are doing
- Referring you to other medical service providers as needed
- Sharing information about your treatment with your primary care doctor
We refer you to specialists or primary care doctors at Mount Sinai Union Square, or elsewhere within the extensive Mount Sinai Health System.
Admissions, Connections, and Referrals
If your condition requires an emergency room visit or hospital stay, we will save you time and stress by processing your admission to one of our seven Mount Sinai Health System hospitals, including nearby Mount Sinai Beth Israel, where the Emergency Department has won numerous awards for heart and stroke care. We are even able to introduce you and the emergency room (ER) doctor through a video conference. All you have to do is show up.
We also use our video conferencing capability for children who need further consultation after a visit to the emergency room. We can connect the consulting doctor with the ER pediatrician so that your child will receive coordinated care.
With more than 30 medical practices at Mount Sinai Union Square, we can connect you with the doctors you need for ongoing health care right in the same building. If you come into urgent care with a shoulder strain that requires follow-up care by an orthopedist, we can schedule that follow-up appointment for you.
Centrally located downtown close to public transportation, the Mount Sinai Urgent Care Center is open every day of the year. Our hours are 9 am-5 pm on weekdays, and from 9 am-5 pm on weekends and holidays.
Conditions We Treat
Our Urgent Care doctors can treat most of your minor injuries and illnesses, including but not limited to the following:
- Allergies and asthma
- Broken fingers and toes
- Cuts that need stitches
- Earaches and eye infections
- Fevers and flu
- Moderate back problems
- Sinus infections
- Skin rashes and infections
- Sore throats and coughs
- Sprains and strains
- Stomach ailments
- Urinary tract infections
- Vomiting, diarrhea, or dehydration
Convenient Urgent Care and Beyond
The Mount Sinai Union Square Urgent Care Center offers you the following advantages:
- Bedside video conferencing to introduce you to specialists or attending emergency room doctors, as needed
- Coordinated health care with your Mount Sinai doctors who have direct access to your medical history through our electronic medical records system
- Diagnostic results available quickly with a full menu of testing services, including X-ray, EKG, and a laboratory on-site
- Follow-up appointment scheduling, phone calls, and referrals within the Mount Sinai Health System
- Most insurance plans accepted, and for the uninsured, we can arrange direct payment options
- Pharmacy conveniently located in the same building
- Primary care doctor updates through a secure chart link both within and outside of the Mount Sinai Health System
- Vaccinations, including immunizations and flu shots
- Walk-ins welcome, with no appointment necessary
When You Need Emergency Care (not Urgent Care)
Please be aware that urgent care is not an alternative to emergency care. An emergency condition can cause irreparable damage or be potentially life threatening. If you arrive at our Urgent Care facility, and we determine that you need emergency care, we will bring you to the closest emergency room and inform your primary care doctor about your condition.
Please call 911, or go to your nearest emergency room if you experience one of these life-threatening conditions:
- Compound fracture (bone protruding through your skin) or bone break
- Convulsions, seizures, or loss of consciousness
- Deep wounds caused by heavy machinery, knife, or gunshot
- Fever in newborn
- Heavy, uncontrollable bleeding
- Moderate to severe burns
- Pregnancy complications
- Serious head, neck, or back injury
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Signs of heart attack, including chest pain lasting longer than two minutes
- Signs of stroke, such as loss of vision, sudden numbness, weakness, slurred speech, or confusion
- Suicidal feelings
At Mount Sinai Union Square, we bring you the most innovative medicine and advanced health care through our pioneering research and by pushing the limits of discovery in clinical trials—providing you with the very latest diagnostic and treatment available.
Mount Sinai Urgent Care is part of the Mount Sinai Health System, whose flagship hospital, The Mount Sinai Hospital, is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as being one of the nation’s finest hospitals. The physicians at Mount Sinai Urgent Care have faculty appointments at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, one of the nation’s leading medical schools.