The nephrology specialists at Mount Sinai Downtown-Union Square are expert at treating all types of kidney disease ranging from the sudden pain of kidney stones or acute kidney injury to long-term chronic kidney disease and hypertension.
Conveniently located in Union Square, wherever you are in lower Manhattan and across the New York metropolitan area, help is available and easily accessible for you.
Mount Sinai Downtown-Union Square doctors have long provided specialty care for patients with kidney disease. Our compassionate faculty and staff are dedicated to providing you the finest care and an effective treatment plan personalized for you.
At our outpatient ambulatory clinic, we provide consultation services, chronic disease management, acute care, and follow-up care after hospital stays. We can help you manage chronic kidney disease and control risk factors such as hypertension and diabetes mellitus
Our physicians are faculty members at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and they are involved in clinical research at all stages of kidney disease that may be helpful in your treatment. Our focus is on preventing kidney disease while reducing cardiovascular risk. Our physicians are part of the Mount Sinai Health System, whose flagship hospital, The Mount Sinai Hospital, is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as having one of the top nephrology programs in the country.
Conditions we treat
- Acute kidney injury
- Chronic kidney disease
- Congenital kidney diseases
- Diabetic nephropathy/diabetic kidney disease
- Edema or swelling
- End-stage kidney disease
- Hypertension (primary, secondary, and drug-resistant)
- Hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
- Hyponatremia and hypernatremia
- Kidney cysts, tumors, and lesions
- Kidney stones
- Lupus nephritis
- Metabolic acidosis and alkalosis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Nephrotoxicity, or toxic injury of the kidneys
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Pre-eclampsia and kidney disease in pregnancy
- Renal tubular acidosis
Services We Offer
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Clinical expertise in resistant hypertension
- Kidney biopsy and bone biopsy
- Kidney stone risk evaluation and prevention
- Kidney transplantation care
- Nephrology consultation and follow-up