At Mount Sinai Downtown-Union Square, we offer you the latest advances in diagnosing and treating a wide range of brain disorders and diseases of the nervous system, all in one convenient location.
Disorders or injuries affecting the brain and the nervous system can produce a variety of symptoms, such as muscle weakness or coordination problems that may be signs of more serious conditions. Our neurology team at Mount Sinai Downtown-Union Square is expert at helping you get the answers and treatments you may need, right here in your neighborhood.
Our highly trained neurologists, who are leaders in treating both adults and children, are committed to providing you with personalized and compassionate care. We consult with specialists throughout New York and the nation to develop the best treatment plan for you, and we can arrange for prompt referrals at Mount Sinai Downtown-Union Square or throughout the Mount Sinai Health System when needed.
Our multidisciplinary approach means a team of specialists will work together to ensure you receive the best results. Your team may include a neurologist, neurosurgeon, nurse, speech therapist, neuropsychiatrist or neuropsychologist, physical or occupational therapist, and social worker.
Union Square is a center for groundbreaking research initiatives in neurology, and researchers are available to meet with you and your doctor to see how our innovations can help you. You benefit from our close connection with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai—a leader in medical and scientific training, biomedical research, and patient care. Our physicians are at the forefront of neurological research and collaborate with scientists at the Icahn School of Medicine and other major medical institutions to conduct clinical trials.
Our doctors are part of the Mount Sinai Health System, whose flagship hospital, The Mount Sinai Hospital, is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as having one of the finest neurology programs in the country.
Our Centers of Excellence offer expertise in neurological disorders such as dystonia, ALS, and Parkinson’s disease. We conduct the most up-to-date research and provide specialized care and referral services. To complement your care, we also offer a wide range of patient support services, including patient groups and movement classes at Mount Sinai Downtown-Union Square.
Conditions We Treat
Our team of experts at Mount Sinai Downtown-Union Square will work with you to diagnose and create a personalized care plan to manage conditions including:
- Adult epilepsy—a chronic condition that causes seizures and may also cause other neurological problems
- Pediatric epilepsy—epilepsy that can affect children at different ages and in different ways; early treatment is important
- Pediatric neurological disorders—serving the unique needs of young patients and families
- Neuromuscular disorders—a broad spectrum of conditions that affect the nervous system outside the brain and the spinal cord, such as ALS
- Neuropsychiatric and neuropsychological disorders—behavioral, emotional, and cognitive aspects of movement disorders
- Movement disorders—a wide range of disorders that affect movement including Parkinson’s, dystonia, essential tremor, and ataxia
- Stroke and critical care—coordinating treatment for life-threatening diseases of the nervous system including stroke, seizures, and brain tumors