The Mount Sinai West Department of Dermatology is now offering telemedicine video appointments to maximize patient safety and efficiency during the COVID-19 crisis. Learn more.
Our dermatologists diagnose and treat all skin conditions in adults. We are located at the Mount Sinai Doctors Ansonia practice, on the Upper West Side in the Ansonia Building on 74th Street and Broadway.
Our experienced dermatologists offer general and specialty skin care. Our pioneering Skin of Color Center™ provides individualized and culturally sensitive care for skin conditions common to people of color. We also provide cosmetic dermatology services to rejuvenate and improve the appearance of your skin.
Conditions and Treatments
Our dermatologists can diagnose and treat all skin conditions you may have. We can help with sudden onset skin reactions, chronic conditions that need ongoing monitoring and treatment, and skin cancers. We are a member of the North American Contact Dermatitis Group, which specializes in the use of patch testing to test for specific allergens.
Skin conditions and some treatment options our dermatologists offer include:
- Acne and acne scarring – topical and oral medications, lasers, chemical peels
- Aging Skin – dermatologist recommended skin care regimens, Fraxel™ laser, Clear+Brilliant™ Laser, Genesis™ Photofacial
- Cosmetic Procedures (individualized for skin type) – chemical peels, Botox™, Juvederm™, Fraxel™ laser, Clear+Brilliant™ Laser, Genesis™ Photofacial
- Cysts – in-office skin surgery
- Eczema – topical steroid and non-steroid creams, oral and injectable therapies, clinical trials of emerging therapies
- Fingernail and Toenail Conditions – topical and oral medications
- Hair Loss – topical and oral medications, in-office injections
- Itchy Skin (Pruritus) – skin care recommendations, topical and oral medications, phototherapy, clinical trials of emerging therapies
- Melasma – topical skin lightening formulations, chemical peels, lasers
- Moles – expert evaluation by a board-certified dermatologist
- Psoriasis – topical, oral, and injectable therapies; phototherapy, clinical trials of emerging therapies
- Rosacea – topical and oral medications, laser therapy
- Scars and Keloids – injections, topical gels, laser resurfacing
- Skin Cancers – in-office surgery
- Spider veins – laser treatment (Excel V™)
- Vitiligo – excimer laser, phototherapy, topical formulations, clinical trials of emerging therapies
- Warts – liquid nitrogen cryotherapy, in-office injections and topicals, prescription topical medications
Our dermatologists are currently performing research studies for the following conditions:
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
- Prurigo Nodularis
- Alopecia (Hair Loss)
For more information about participation in our research studies, please contact Ingrid Sanabria-Gonzalez at 212-523-3812 or Ingrid.email@example.com.