Why Choose Kravis?
We have a long history of caring for children. Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital is dedicated to improving and advancing the health and well-being of children in New York City and around the world through its innovative work in clinical care, professional education, community involvement, and clinical/translational and biomedical research.
U.S. News & World Report consistently selects Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital as one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation. In the 2022-2023 edition of its “Best Children’s Hospitals” rankings, our most highly ranked specialties are gastroenterology and GI surgery, nephrology, and neurology and neurosurgery.
Our pediatric physicians and award-winning nurses, and dedicated staff including child life professionals mix experience, compassion, and commitment to provide the highest quality of family-centered care and guidance to young patients and their families. We offer the most advanced treatment and technology available, as a children’s hospital that is fully integrated within a large health system allowing for collaboration with all areas of medicine informed by ground breaking research.
What We Treat
We provide outstanding care tailored to newborns, children, adolescents, and young adults. Our family-focused services and programs are designed to meet the needs of you and your child. Specialty care we provide includes:
- Fetal and newborn care
- Heart conditions and cardiac care
- Allergic and immunologic diseases, with a focus on food allergy
- Digestive and nutritional disorders, with a focus on inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Asthma, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, complex airway disorders, cystic fibrosis, sleep disorders, and other respiratory conditions
- Diabetes and endocrine disorders, including growth, bone, thyroid, adrenal, puberty, and obesity conditions
- Neurological disorders including epilepsy and hydrocephalus, and craniofacial conditions and cerebrovascular disorders, and neurofibromatosis
- Kidney and liver disorders, including transplants
- Solid organ transplants including kidney, liver, intestines, heart, pancreas, and multivisceral
- Comprehensive nephrology and hypertension diagnostics and therapeutics, a combined nephrology-urology team for 360 degree care, offering all forms of dialysis and continuous renal replacement therapy
- Developmental and behavioral conditions
- Child psychiatry and mental health
- Cancer and blood diseases
- Surgery: General, Cardiac, Urology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics and Spine, Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)/Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric intensive care and palliative care
Our dedicated team of pediatric physicians combines the latest advances in diagnostics and treatment with a coordinated, multidisciplinary approach. Our advanced approaches to pediatric therapies, innovative research, community outreach and advocacy ensure a continuum of excellence that patients from all over the world can rely on. It is our goal to ensure that your child receives the best available care.
The outstanding success of the Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital is made possible by the continuing commitment, enthusiasm, and shared vision of our senior leadership team, which includes:
- Freda Burstyn, MBA, Vice Chair of Administration
- Lindsey Douglas, MD, Medical Director of Patient Safety and Quality
- Fernando Ferrer, MD, Chief Operating Officer
- Shirish S. Huprikar, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Vice President, The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Peter Midulla, MD, Surgeon-in-Chief
- Lisa M. Satlin, MD, Pediatrician-in-Chief
- Linda M. Valentino, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, Chief Nursing Officer, Mount Sinai West; System Vice President, and Children’s Services
- Alfin Vicencio, MD, Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs and Strategy