Why Choose Kravis?
U.S. News and World Report consistently selects Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital as one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation. In the 2018-2019 annual edition of “Best Children’s Hospital” report, we are ranked in five pediatric specialties. The specialties are diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, pulmonology, and urology.
Our pediatric physicians and award-winning nursing staff mix experience, compassion, and commitment to provide superior, family-centered care and guidance to young patients and their families. We offer the most advanced treatment and technology available, backed by groundbreaking research, to ensure that the health and care of your child is our first priority.
What We Treat
We provide outstanding care tailored to newborns, children, adolescents, and young adults. Our family-focused services and programs are designed to meet the needs of you and your child. Specialty care we provide includes:
- Fetal and newborn care
- Heart conditions
- Food allergies
- Digestive disorders
- Asthma and other respiratory conditions
- Organ transplantation
- Disorders of the heart, brain, and spine
- Diabetes and growth disorders
- Kidney conditions
Our dedicated team of pediatric physicians combines the latest advances in diagnostics, treatment and technology with a coordinated, multidisciplinary approach. Our advanced approaches to pediatric therapies, innovative research, community outreach and advocacy ensure a continuum of excellence that patients from all over the world can rely on. It is our goal to ensure that your child receives the best available care.
The outstanding success of the Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital, and the Department of Pediatrics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, is made possible by the continuing commitment, enthusiasm, and shared vision of our senior leadership team, which includes the Jack and Lucy Clark Department of Pediatrics Vice Chairs:
- Lisa Satlin, MD, Chair and Pediatrician-in-Chief
- Anne F. Reilly, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer
- John Bucuvalas, MD, Faculty Affairs
- Sharon Edwards, MD, Diversity
- Joel Forman, MD, Education
- Bruce D. Gelb, MD, Mindich Child Health and Development Institute
- Peter Midulla, MD, Surgeon-in-Chief
- Henrietta Rosenberg, MD, Radiologist-in-Chief
- Alfin Vicencio, MD, Clinical Affairs and Strategy
- Karen Wilson, MD, MPH, Clinical/Tranlational Research
- Michael Yaker, MD, Community Practices
- Steven Yung, MD, Quality Improvement and Safety Services