At the Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Heart Center, we are dedicated to providing the best possible heart care for your child. We are here to meet the specific needs of your child and family.
Our specialists are trained to diagnose and treat pediatric heart conditions. Our team includes surgeons, cardiologists, cardiac anesthesiologists, cardiovascular nurses, physician assistants, and intensive care doctors. We work with other experts at Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital to develop a comprehensive plan for your child, to give you the best possible outcome.
If you need a second opinion, we are happy to help. Just call our surgical coordinator at 212-241-8213 to set up an appointment.
Surgeries We Perform
Our team provides state-of-the-art care for children with all forms of congenital and acquired heart disease. The procedures we perform include:
- Single ventricle reconstruction for single ventricle heart defects, such as:
- Double inlet left ventricle
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Tricuspid atresia
- New born (neonatal) repairs of complex defects, such as:
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Anomalous left coronary artery
- Anomalous right coronary artery
- Hypoplastic aortic arch
- Interrupted aortic arch
- Total and partial anomalous pulmonary venous connection
- Transposition of the great arteries
- Truncus arteriosus
- Complex biventricular repairs of abnormal structures (lesions), such as:
- Double outlet right ventricle
- Unbalanced atrioventricular canal
- Repairs for all abnormal structures (lesions), such as:
- Atrial septal defect
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Common atrioventricular canal defect
- Congenital aortic valve disease
- Congenital mitral valve disease
- Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries
- Ebstein’s anomaly
- Patent ductus arteriosus
- Pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum
- Pulmonary valve stenosis
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Vascular ring
- Ventricular septal defect
- Congenital tracheal stenosis
- Repair of heart defects in adults
- Arrhythmia and pacemaker surgery
- Mechanical circulatory support, using:
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenator
- Ventricular assist device
- Heart Transplantation
Our Collaborative Approach
We use advanced cardiac imaging to examine your child’s heart. This gives us the detailed information we need to design the best treatment plan for your child. Often, we can diagnose a heart defect through our Fetal Heart Program before your baby is born, so we can start planning even before delivery.
You will meet with your child’s surgeon and surgical team to go over the planned procedure and learn what to expect before and after surgery. Communication with family members is one of our highest priorities. From our first meeting through hospitalization, and after your child goes home, we answer all your questions in a caring and respectful manner.
We not only provide for your child’s physical needs, but we also offer help for the emotional side of the experience, for your child and your family. Our team of social workers, music and art therapists, and child life professionals are here to help. We strive to provide the holistic care you deserve.
Why Mount Sinai
At Mount Sinai’s Children’s Heart Center, our team is here to provide the best comprehensive care for your child. From surgeon to nurse, our specialists are dedicated to you and your family. In addition, we take most insurance plans, including Medicaid, and our staff will help navigate the process of ensuring coverage.
We understand the effect heart surgery can have on your child and your family. We offer ongoing information and compassionate support.
The Children’s Heart Center has developed innovative approaches to pediatric cardiac surgery, including:
- Fast-tracking recovery from heart surgery to enable your child to return home sooner
- Post-operative care in a dedicated pediatric cardiac intensive care unit
Why Choose Children’s Heart Center?
At Children’s Heart Center, our team is here to treat your child born with a congenital heart defect or other serious heart disease. From surgeon to nurse and everyone in between, your child has a team of specialists who are dedicated to you and your family.
We understand the effect of heart surgery on your child and your family. We are here to offer compassionate support. At Children’s Heart Center, it is our mission to take the best possible care of your child using the most advanced and appropriate treatment for the best possible outcome.