Information for Patients, Families and Visitors
At Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital, we strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We recognize that the family plays a vital role in a child’s well-being during and after treatment, and we encourage your family’s participation.
Keeping patients, families, and staff members safe from COVID-19 is our number one priority. We continue to review and adjust our visitation policies. Please review our latest visitor policy for the latest visitation policies.
Guidelines for General Visits
To protect patients from infection and to promote a healing environment, we ask that you:
- Be free from colds, fever, upper respiratory infections such as the flu, or recent exposure to someone with chicken pox
- Respect the quiet time period on your patient’s inpatient floor
- Follow the isolation procedures that may be in place for your child’s protection (wearing a gown, gloves, and/or mask)
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands on entering the unit
- Leave the unit or room, when asked, by a health care provider or the patient
Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital is located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, at 1184 Fifth Avenue at 100th Street. Mount Sinai is easily accessible by all public transportation and by car.
From the North: Fifth Avenue buses M1, M2, M3, and M4 stop at 99th Street
From the South: Madison Avenue buses M1, M2, M3, and M4 stop at 98th Street
Take the Lexington Avenue Line (#6) to 96th Street and Lexington Avenue. Walk west on 96th Street to Fifth Avenue and north on Fifth Avenue to Mount Sinai.
From Brooklyn: Take the Brooklyn Queens Expressway (North) to Grand Central Parkway (West) and the Triborough Bridge to the FDR Drive. Exit at 96th Street and turn right on Madison Avenue.
From Long Island and Queens: Take the Grand Central Parkway (West) and the Triborough Bridge to the FDR Drive. Exit at 96th Street and turn right on Madison Avenue.
From Staten Island: Take the Verrazano Bridge to Brooklyn Queens Expressway (North) to Grand Central Parkway (West) and the Triborough Bridge to the FDR Drive. Exit at 96th Street and turn right on Madison Avenue.
From Westchester and Connecticut: Take the New England Thruway (95 South) and the Triborough Bridge to the FDR Drive. Exit at 96th Street and turn right on Madison Avenue.
From New Jersey: Take the George Washington Bridge to the Harlem River Drive, FDR Drive (South). Exit at 96th Street and turn right on Madison Avenue.
- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers comprehensive airport information, including information on transportation into Manhattan upon arrival.
- NY.com lists transportation options from each airport and estimated rates and trip times.
- Taxi information is available through the New York Taxi and Limousine Service.
- Limousine and car service information is provided by the New York Taxi and Limousine Service.
Our parking garage is located at 1292 Park Ave, New York, NY 10029 (on 99th Street between Park and Madison Avenues). The garage is open 24 hours a day. We accept cash, credit and debit cards. Our parking facility is equipped with two, easy to use automated parking pay stations. Parking customer service representatives are available to assist 24/7. Call 212-241-5125 to inquire about hourly and daily rates. Metered parking on streets bordering the Mount Sinai campus is also available.
Additional parking options in the surrounding area include:
- MPG Parking: 6 East 102nd Street, New York, NY 10029, Between Madison and 5th Avenues, 212-289- 2959
- Imperial Parking Systems: 1510 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10029, Entrance on 98th Street between Lexington and Park Avenues, 212-289-6257
- GGMC Parking: 60 East 94th Street, New York, NY 10128, Between Madison and Park Avenues, 212- 369-9304