Every family who comes to Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital finds a special and supportive environment designed to meet their child’s needs. We work and coordinate with referring physicians to ensure aligned, multidisciplinary, and collaborative care for your patients. We have access to all the resources of a large health system and top-notch medical school, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. And we believe teamwork and communication is key. The Kravis team works with referring physicians to ensure you are always looped into the medical care your patient is receiving. Our physicians, Magnet-designated nurses, child life specialists, and staff provide the newest research-backed technologies combined with exceptional patient-centered care, as well as creative arts and therapeutic play to help children not only heal, but thrive. We offer fast appointments and a streamlined consultation process for our patients and physicians.
For more information or to refer a patient, call us at 212-241-9500.
Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital has been ranked among the country’s top children’s hospitals by U.S. News & World Report in its 2023-2024 “Best Children’s Hospital” rankings. Our most highly ranked specialties are diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology and GI surgery, nephrology, and neurology and neurosurgery.
Comprehensive and Personalized Services
We are dedicated to providing world-class treatment. We treat a wide range of conditions, from the most common to the most complex. We offer exceptional prenatal, neonatal, pediatric, and adult care through a variety of specialties, programs, and services including:
- Fetal and newborn care: As a 46-bed, Level IV Regional Perinatal Center, our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for the most complex cases and provides consultation to area neonatal units. We also provide a range of services including:
- Mechanical ventilation (including high frequency ventilation and nitric oxide)
- Neonatal extracorporeal membrane oxygenation
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Pre-transplant evaluation (solid organ and bone marrow)
- Point-of-care ultrasound
- Therapeutic hypothermia
- Surgical evaluation and treatment
- Heart conditions and cardiac surgery: Our specialists have extensive experience healing all types of heart conditions, including congenital heart defects, in children of all ages.
- Food allergies and immunology services: We provide advanced care for allergic disorders, often working with our colleagues at the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- Gastroenterology and digestive disorders: Our team has expertise in a wide variety of digestive nutritional disorders, including inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis), celiac disease, abdominal pain, constipation, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and feeding problems.
- Pulmonology services: Our pediatric pulmonologists are skilled in treating the full spectrum of respiratory conditions, as well as offering second evaluations to patients with complex airway diseases, who have exhausted therapy elsewhere. Special programs to treat specific pulmonary needs, such as the pulmonary function lab, bronchoscopy suite, and the complex asthma clinic, can be valuable resources for complicated cases.
- Endocrinology, diabetes, and growth disorders: We diagnose and treat children from newborns to young adults who are experiencing growth disorders; abnormalities of carbohydrate metabolism, including low and high blood sugar; thyroid, pubertal, and adrenal disorders; bone disease and calcium metabolism conditions; and endocrine tumors and syndromes.
- Neurology: Our team of pediatricians, pediatric neurosurgeons, and others provides advanced, proactive care for a full range of conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. We provide both inpatient and outpatient services for conditions including:
- Cerebrovascular stroke
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Headaches and migraines
- Movement disorders such as juvenile Parkinson’s disease
- Neuro-genetic disorders including Down syndrome and Fragile X
- Neuromuscular disorders such as muscular dystrophy
- Developmental and behavioral conditions: Our team of physicians, nurses, and social workers treats young patients with potential developmental, learning, and behavior problems.
- Child psychiatry and mental health: Our expert team can address a wide range of child behavioral issues.
- Genetics: Our expert team can address a wide range of genetic disorders.
- Surgery: We perform a range of procedures in the following specialties.
- Hepatology and nephrology, including organ transplants and metabolic issues: Over the past five years, we provided kidney transplants to almost twice as many children as any other New York hospital, and the outcomes of those transplants were excellent, as verified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Cancer and blood diseases: Our specialized, child-focused staff strives to cure pediatric cancers and provide effective, life-sustaining treatment for children with blood diseases so that they can grow and thrive.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: This unit is essential to taking care of renal, liver, small bowel, and cardiac transplant patients. We also participate in pediatric palliative care. Our pain team consults with you throughout a child’s hospitalization.
We Treat the Child, Not Just the Disease
In addition to offering the most advanced therapies, Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital also supports children and their loved ones with programs such as creative arts, therapeutic play, and counseling. Our hospital is designed to foster a comfortable healing experience for the entire family. We even have a Child Life Zone that houses activities including art, music, play, and animal therapy.
Our highly skilled pediatric physicians and award-winning nursing staff guide each family through its healing journey with the nurturing, compassionate care that helps each child feel supported and understood.
Referring a Patient
As a pediatric health care provider, you are essential to what we do every day here at Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital and across the Mount Sinai Health System. We are here for you and your patients. Our team will help you make a referral and arrange for second opinions. Our goal is to provide stress-free access to our large pediatric healthcare network, and make it easier for all clinicians to work together to deliver the highest level of quality care. The Kravis team is committed to maintaining open and timely communication with the patient and referring physician. We accept most insurance plans, including Medicaid, and our staff will help navigate the process of ensuring coverage. We look forward to teaming with you.
For more information, or to refer a patient, call us at 212-241-9500.
Why Mount Sinai?
Choosing Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital means benefitting from the full resources of our affiliated health system and medical school. As part of the Mount Sinai Health System, we draw on the advanced technologies and leading expertise available across a full range of specialties and subspecialties. Each of our young patients receive 360◦ care. And teamwork and communication is key. Our specialists deliver personalized, comprehensive and collaborative care.
In addition, Mount Sinai has built a reputation over more than a century as one of the nation’s top biomedical research institutions. Through our integration with Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, we benefit from the latest discoveries in research. The Jack and Lucy Clark Department of Pediatrics has led the field with breakthroughs in clinical, translational, and basic research. Together, we work to heal, teach, and advance medicine for children’s health in the New York City area and throughout the world while training the next generation of pediatricians and pediatric specialists.