Phenytoin overdose

Diphenylhydantoin

Phenytoin is a medicine used to treat convulsions and seizures. Phenytoin overdose occurs when someone accidentally or intentionally takes too much of this medicine.

This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual overdose. DO NOT use it to treat or manage an actual overdose. If you or someone you are with overdoses, call the local emergency number (such as 911), or the local poison center can be reached directly by calling the national toll-free Poison Help hotline (1-800-222-1222) from anywhere in the United States.

Poisonous Ingredient

Where Found

Symptoms

Before Calling Emergency

Poison Control

What to Expect at the Emergency Room

Outlook (Prognosis)