Institute for Advanced Medicine
The Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) provides compassionate, comprehensive care to individuals and families in need of primary care, HIV services, specialty care, supportive services, trauma related treatment, transgender health care and other conditions that impact the overall well-being of our community. We offer our patients an extensive network of caring clinicians and supportive programs to meet their unique needs.
We unite the Mount Sinai Health System’s outstanding physicians and staff from multiple disciplines into one integrated program that allows us to serve as a leader in treatment, prevention and education, providing researchers with tremendous opportunities for drug discovery, and offering our patients unique access to clinical trials. Our specialty services include mental health, case management, social services and on-site specialty doctors in areas such as cardiology, dermatology, dentistry and nephrology. Services also include STD treatment and prevention where identified.
Our goals are:
- To deliver the highest quality primary and specialty care to our targeted population throughout their lifespans and at all levels of care within our health system;
- To reduce transmission of HIV infection per the Governor's "End of AIDS" campaign;
- To advance quality of care for all of our patients;
- To educate patients and providers to improve the overall health of our targeted populations;
- To provide our patients access to clinical trials throughout the health system;
- To provide and expand crime victims services to targeted communities on the west side of Manhattan;
- To provide for the medical, surgical, and supportive care needs of the transgendered community;
- To increase access to medication through our community pharmacies.
Becoming Our Patient
At the IAM, we look forward to providing you whatever services are needed, including primary care, HIV services, supportive services and preventive treatments. No one will be denied services based on inability to pay and discounts are available based on family size and income.
We accept self-referrals as well as referrals from community-based organizations, medical/specialty providers, mental health providers and other complimentary services within the community. Our programs accept ADAP, Medicaid, Medicare as well as a host of managed care and commercial insurance plans. In some instances our services are provided free or low cost based on the individual program funding sources. Please contact us with specific insurance questions.
At the initial visit, you will first meet with a social worker who will assist in accessing your individual needs to create an appropriate care plan. We will also provide assistance in accessing appropriate benefits where possible and necessary.
The Mount Sinai Health System gives you access to your health information at your fingertips, day or night. MyMountSinaiChart provides a convenient method of communication with your doctor’s office through a computerized and secure patient portal connected to your electronic medical record. You can renew prescriptions, send messages to Mount Sinai doctors, view summaries of your doctor’s office and hospital visits, review test results, receive discharge and office instructions, and view the schedule of your upcoming and past appointments. For more information on MyMountSinaiChart please click here.
For more information about our programs, feel free to contact our program via email at: IAMListening@mountsinai.org
Also follow us on our social media pages: