Mount Sinai Health Home Serving Children
Our goal, at Mount Sinai Health Home, is to help your children and adolescents lead a healthy life. We recognize that children and adolescents have different health care needs than adults. As a result, we work with a network of community-based care management agencies to provide free, comprehensive, physical, and behavioral health care management services for your children and adolescents and for your family as a whole.
To achieve this, we designate a care manager to assist your family in getting the medical, behavioral health, and community support services you need. Services may include:
- Ensuring that your child or adolescent receives appropriate medical care
- Providing assistance as you and your family find a safe place to live and transition from one setting to another
- Offering individual and family support, both within the Mount Sinai Health System and through referrals to community and social organizations
Our program is available to children and adolescents who:
- Are under age 21
- Possess active Medicaid status
- Reside in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, or Staten Island
- Have two chronic medical conditions, or one qualifying condition, such as HIV, serious emotional disturbance, serious mental illness, or complex trauma
There is no cost to you. Our Health Home services are covered by Medicaid.
We work with a variety of community-based providers, including:
- Association to Benefit Children’s - Association to Benefit Children’s Health Home Care Management Program provides care management services to children with serious emotional disturbance and histories of complex trauma, as well as children receiving early intervention services. Our programs currently serve children living in Manhattan and the Bronx.
- CHDFS, Inc., (The Center for Human Development and Family Services, Inc.) - CHDFS, Inc., (The Center for Human Development and Family Services, Inc.), is a Not-for Profit 501 (c ) ( 3 ), Community Based Organization working for the most needy families of NYC and the lower Hudson Valley since 2002. CHDFS has demonstrated a high level of commitment and outstanding levels of care, to support families and communities struggling to survive in some of the poorest and underrepresented areas of New York State. CHDFS, as a Care Management Agency (CMA), is serving adults and children (including individuals with Early Intervention) with mental health and medical diagnoses. We work to ensure that you or your loved one has the services they need to support their overall health and to prevent unnecessary placements out of the home, promote family cohesiveness, as well as community integration and inclusion, so individuals can develop up to their highest potential.
- Mount Sinai Morningside - For more than 20 years we have been providing exemplary care to children and adolescents with complex mental health needs. Every youth and family are joined with a Care Manager to develop a unique plan of care. Our Care Managers are dedicated to make a difference in a family's life. They will support youth and families in building on what works and help navigate barriers with what doesn't. By coordinating care and linkages to informal as well as formal supports and interventions, a family will have new tools to continue on their journey.
- Vibrant Emotional Health - The Child & Adolescent Care Coordination Department at MHA-NYC is a wellness oriented team of care managers and administrators who assist individuals and families to receive excellent care and experience more fulfilling lives. Young people from birth to age 21 who are experiencing chronic conditions, including severe emotional disturbances (SED), that currently impact their ability to function can receive this service and expect the following: a dedicated care manager who makes service convenient and personal; the prioritization of the young person’s and family’s needs; advocacy; identification and linkage to helpful services; and effective care coordination that ensures everybody on a young person’s team is working toward common goals. Through these actions, and more, we continually help individuals and families to find more hope, health and happiness.