Camphor overdose

Vicks VapoRub overdose

Camphor is a white substance with a strong odor that is commonly associated with topical ointments and gels used for cough suppression and muscle aches. Camphor overdose occurs when someone accidentally or intentionally takes more than the normal or recommended amount of this medicine.

This article is for information only. DO NOT use it to treat or manage an actual overdose. If you or someone you are with overdoses, call the local emergency number (such as 911), or the local poison center can be reached directly by calling the national toll-free Poison Help hotline (1-800-222-1222) from anywhere in the United States.

Poisonous Ingredient

Where Found

Symptoms

Home Care

Before Calling Emergency

Poison Control

What to Expect at the Emergency Room

Outlook (Prognosis)