Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center
The Susan and Leonard Feinstein Inflammatory Bowel Disease Clinical Center at Mount Sinai is a unique, state-of-the-art comprehensive care center for patients of all ages living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Tailored, individualized treatments are the hallmark of the excellent care we offer. Our digestive disease physicians provide individualized treatments tailored to your needs.
Have you been diagnosed with IBD recently? Our Compass IBDTM program will connect with a multidisciplinary team of providers leading to better outcomes for you. The Compass IBDTM program ensures that you receive early, aggressive, and multifaceted treatment for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. This program is for you if your IBD has developed within the past 12 months or if you have a high suspicion of new onset IBD. Providing early intervention, our goal is to minimize complications and improve your chances of keeping your IBD under control.
At the IBD Center we are pleased to offer a number of truly unique programs that improve the lives of our patients living with IBD:
- GRITT-IBD teaches patients how to manage their chronic disease while developing resilience. Participation in this program requires a referral/order from an IBD Center doctor. Ask your care provider if you qualify.
- I-PRePP helps female patients with IBD during their pregnancy
- Smoking Cessation for IBD Patients helps you kick the habit for good – which is good for your lungs and your digestive tract. To schedule an appointment email Amarra.Richards@mountsinai.org or call 212-241-8100.
- Medication Therapy Management optimizes the safety and efficacy of all your medications as an IBD patient
- IB-DART is a combined clinic treating patients who suffer from IBD and arthritis. To schedule an appointment, call 212-241-8100.
We create a highly personalized, multidisciplinary care plan for you within one week of your referral to the Feinstein IBD Center.
Our integrated services include:
- Initial consultation
- Risk profile for possible effects on the course of your IBD or potential complications
- Dietary assessment by an IBD-specialized nutritionist
- Psychological support
- Review of current medications for compatibility with IBD
- Annual preventive health assessments
- Ongoing disease monitoring
IBD care coordinators who understand you, your disease, and what it is like to live with IBD oversee your customized care plan. At Feinstein IBD Center, we couple your customized care with a vibrant and rich tradition of innovation and discovery. At Mount Sinai, we develop new drugs, conduct clinical trials, and create strategies in disease management. Mount Sinai’s Feinstein IBD Center is one of the only places of its kind in the world that provides this type of comprehensive and innovative of IBD care.