Mount Sinai Inter-Hospital Transfer Service
Our “one-call” Inter-Hospital Transfer Service offers a streamlined referral process that ensures quick and easy admission to The Mount Sinai Hospital. Highly trained coordinators assist with admission processing, bed assignment, and transportation services, including specialized transport at basic or advanced cardiac support levels. We also accept pediatric patients.
Once you have an accepting Mount Sinai attending physician, a transfer service coordinator will:
- Initiate the transfer process by assigning the patient to the appropriate level of care within the Hospital
- Facilitate direct admission to our cardiac catheterization suite, interventional radiology special procedures suite, or operating room, as needed
Arranging a transfer
When you call, please be prepared to provide the following information so we can assess your patient’s needs:
- Referring physician and/or hospital
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Patient location and phone number
- Services needed
- Accepting physician’s name
- Patient’s name
- Special needs (isolation, ventilator, or IVs)
Our goal is to conveniently and efficiently provide your patient a seamless transition of care. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.