Mount Sinai Brooklyn is led by a distinguished staff of physicians and hospital administrators, committed to providing the Brooklyn community with the safest and highest quality of care.
Our leaders adhere to the Mount Sinai tradition of excellence, inspiring physicians, nurses and staff to strive for safe, quality, and compassionate patient care. Our leadership team is comprised of the following hospital professionals.
Lin H. Mo, MBA, MPH President
Lin H. Mo is President of Mount Sinai Brooklyn, part of the Mount Sinai Health System. Early in his career he worked at Beth Israel Medical Center, and now he returns to the fold, this time as a member of the Mount Sinai leadership team. Learn more about Mr. Mo.
Scott Lorin, MD, Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operating Office
Dr. Lorin is the Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Medical Affairs at Mount Sinai Brooklyn. He is also an associate professor of medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and an MBA graduate from New York University Stern School of Business. As Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Medical Affairs at Mount Sinai Brooklyn, he is responsible for overseeing and ensuring quality improvement and patient safety consistent with the mission and vision of the Mount Sinai Healthcare System, stimulating and leading programmatic growth, and driving performance improvement, clinical throughput and quality initiatives. Learn more about Dr. Lorin.
Marisa Ognibene, Vice President of Human Resources and Administration
A graduate of St. Francis College with a degree in Healthcare Administration, Marisa is a dedicated HR professional with over 25 years of hospital experience. During the course of her career she has managed a full spectrum of Human Resources programs, services and functions. A tireless advocate for the employees of Mount Sinai Brooklyn, Marisa has done extensive work to reinforce high standards of customer service, proactively advance labor management partnership, while collaborating with colleagues at all levels and across disciplines to improve patient experience. Marisa collaborates with leadership to promote Mount Sinai’s standard of excellence and values through workforce, labor and talent initiatives.
- Chaim Bernstein, MD, Physician in Chief
- Ilya Bilik, MD, Chief of Medicine
- Stephen Teitelbaum, MD, System Medical Director of CDQI, Deputy CMO, Honorary Chief of Urology
- Merab Krikhely, MD, Chief of Surgery
- Paul Wein, MD, President of the Medical Staff
- Madelyn Pearson, Senior Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer
- Lucy Cannizzaro, Associate Director of Administration & Director of Pharmacy, Director of Regulatory Affairs
- Vadim Leyko, Associate Director of Hospital Operations, Director of Respiratory Care
- Harinath Pillalamarri, MD (Chief)
- Deborah Dean, MD (Chief)
- Sam Huh, MD (Chief)
- Ilya Bilik, MD (General Internal Medicine/ Primary Care/ Family Medicine)
- Barry Huppert, MD (Cardiology)
- Chaim Bernstein, MD (Pulmonology & Critical Care)
- Eliezer Parnes, MD (Renal)
- Jack Braha, MD (Gastroenterology/ Hepatology)
- Stefan Balan, MD ( Hematology/Oncology)
- Richard Cofsky, MD (Infectious Disease)
- Charmaine Demetrius (Hospitalist Medicine)
- Anthony Maniscalco, MD (Chief)
- Dean Martin, MD (Chief)
- David Aledort, MD (Chief)
- Paul Gliedman, MD (Chief)
- Barbara Zeifer, MD (Chief)
- Jacob Nir, MD (Chief)
- Merab Krikhely, MD (General Surgery)
- Gary Gwertzman, MD (Vascular Surgery)
- Ronit Gilad, MD and Soriaya Motivala, MD (Neurosurgery)
- Todd Soifer, MD (Orthopedics)
- Ardeshir Hakami, MD (Thoracic Surgery)
- Igor Ryndin, MD (Urology)