Mount Sinai Brooklyn is led by a distinguished staff of physicians and hospital administrators, committed to providing the Brooklyn community with the safest and highest quality of care.
Our leaders adhere to the Mount Sinai tradition of excellence, inspiring physicians, nurses and staff to strive for safe, quality, and compassionate patient care. Our leadership team is comprised of the following hospital professionals.
Lin H. Mo, MBA, MPH President
Lin H. Mo is President of Mount Sinai Brooklyn, part of the Mount Sinai Health System. Early in his career he worked at Beth Israel Medical Center, and now he returns to the fold, this time as a member of the Mount Sinai leadership team. Learn more about Mr. Mo.
Linda Valentino, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer, Nursing and Patient Care Services
Linda Valentino, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, is the Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer and Nursing and Patient Care Services for Mount Sinai Brooklyn. In this role, Linda is responsible for overseeing clinical and administrative operations for Patient Care Services. Additionally, her focus is on staff and leadership development, improving quality and patient experience outcomes, and transforming the work environment through staff engagement.
Linda has more than 25 years of health care experience in a variety of roles. She has held several positions such as Director of Nursing and Patient Care Services, positions in a variety of clinical nursing specialties including Neuroscience, Psychiatry, Medical/Surgical, and Rehabilitation Services.
Linda is recognized as an outstanding leader in her field with a strong record of accomplishments and depth of expertise in care management, transitions of care, and case management. As a transformational leader, she has planned and implemented innovative programs such as multi-hospital system shared governance structures, advanced practice nursing models, and standards of professional practice including clinical research and Magnet Nursing designation.
Scott Lorin, MD, Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operating Office
Dr. Lorin is the Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Medical Affairs at Mount Sinai Brooklyn. He is also an associate professor of medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and an MBA graduate from New York University Stern School of Business. As Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Medical Affairs at Mount Sinai Brooklyn, he is responsible for overseeing and ensuring quality improvement and patient safety consistent with the mission and vision of the Mount Sinai Healthcare System, stimulating and leading programmatic growth, and driving performance improvement, clinical throughput and quality initiatives. Learn more about Dr. Lorin.
Marisa Ognibene, Vice President of Human Resources and Administration
A graduate of St. Francis College with a degree in Healthcare Administration, Marisa is a dedicated HR professional with over 25 years of hospital experience. During the course of her career she has managed a full spectrum of Human Resources programs, services and functions. A tireless advocate for the employees of Mount Sinai Brooklyn, Marisa has done extensive work to reinforce high standards of customer service, proactively advance labor management partnership, while collaborating with colleagues at all levels and across disciplines to improve patient experience. Marisa collaborates with leadership to promote Mount Sinai’s standard of excellence and values through workforce, labor and talent initiatives.
- Chaim Bernstein, MD, Physician in Chief
- Stephen Teitelbaum, MD, System Medical Director of CDQI, Deputy CMO, Honorary Chief of Urology
- Paul Wein, MD, President of the Medical Staff
- Lucy Cannizzaro, Associate Director of Administration & Director of Pharmacy, Director of Regulatory Affairs
- Vadim Leyko, Associate Director of Hospital Operations, Director of Respiratory Care
- Harinath Pillalamarri, MD (Chief)
- Deborah Dean, MD (Chief)
- Sam Huh, MD (Chief)
- Ilya Bilik, MD (General Internal Medicine/ Primary Care/ Family Medicine)
- Barry Huppert, MD (Cardiology)
- Chaim Bernstein, MD (Pulmonology)
- Eliezer Parnes, MD (Renal/Nephrology)
- Jack Braha, MD (Gastroenterology/ Hepatology)
- Stefan Balan, MD ( Hematology/Oncology)
- Richard Cofsky, MD (Infectious Disease)
- Charmaine Demetrius (Hospitalist Medicine)
- Adam Brenner, MD (Critical Care)
- Anthony Maniscalco, MD (Chief)
- Dean Martin, MD (Chief)
- David Aledort, MD (Chief)
- Paul Gliedman, MD (Chief)
- Shaun Honig, MD (Chief)
- Jacob Nir, MD (Chief)
- Merab Krikhely, MD (General Surgery)
- Gary Gwertzman, MD (Vascular Surgery)
- Constantinos Hadjipanayis, MD (Neurosurgery)
- Ardeshir Hakami, MD (Thoracic Surgery)
- Igor Ryndin, MD (Urology)