Primary Care Services
At Mount Sinai Brooklyn Primary Care, we focus on building long-term relationships with you and your family. Our patients range in age from preteen through geriatric. Our care is compassionate and evidence-based, and we treat everyone, regardless of gender, sexuality, or ethnic background. We focus on the whole body, which means we take into account all your medical needs and concerns and give you continuity of care. Not only do we diagnose and treat illness, but we also offer education and support. We want to help you become and stay healthy.
We offer a wide range of services. These include:
- Preventive care: We perform annual check-ups, immunizations, health risk assessments, and screening tests. Our goals are to keep you healthy and to identify any health problems early, before they become major.
- Forms and travel: We conduct exams for school, camp, and employment forms, among others. If you plan to travel, we can make sure you’re healthy enough to do so, get you any immunizations you need, and make sure you have everything you need to stay healthy at your destination.
- Patient education: We take the time to talk with you about lifestyle choices you can make to stay healthy. We often discuss healthy eating, physical activity, smoking, drinking, and accident and injury prevention.
- Diagnosis and treatment: We are typically your first point of contact. We provide everyday medical care for common illnesses and minor injuries. Examples include rashes, urinary tract infections, sprained ankles, back strain, insomnia, and the flu. We can also refill prescriptions if appropriate.
- Chronic disease management: If you have a chronic condition such as heart disease, diabetes, or asthma, we can provide ongoing treatment and monitoring. We can also offer emotional support and patient education. We often coordinate with other Mount Sinai doctors and specialists
- Referrals to specialists: We can tell you when you need to see a specialist and connect you with the Mount Sinai Health System expert you need for further diagnostic services, evaluation, and medical and surgical treatment. Frequently, we help coordinate your care and monitor your condition.
Why Mount Sinai?
At Mount Sinai Brooklyn Family Practice, we meet you where you are. We speak a variety of languages, including Portuguese, Spanish, French, and French Creole. You can meet with your doctor in person or through telemedicine. Being part of a large health system, we can easily connect you with other Mount Sinai doctors and specialists when appropriate. We accept most insurances.
Meet Our Primary Care Team
Our primary care doctors are highly trained and experienced physicians. They have expertise in a wide range of health care areas.
Diana Kantor, MD
Carlos Magalhaes, MD