At Mount Sinai Brooklyn, our skilled vascular surgery team is experienced in diagnosing and treating disorders of the blood vessel system, known as vascular disorders. Bringing the resources of the Mount Sinai Health System home to our Brooklyn community, our specialists provide both medical management and state-of-the-art surgical care in a warm and welcoming environment.
Conditions We Treat
Our vascular surgery team works together with other specialties—including internal medicine and cardiology—to provide coordinated care for patients. We treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Aneurysmal disease (aortic aneurysm)
- Cerebrovascular disease including: blood vessels narrowing (stenosis); clot formation (thrombosis); artery blockage (embolism); blood vessel rupture (hemorrhage); stroke; transient ischemic attack (TIA); and Amarosis fugax
- Conditions requiring dialysis access (end stage renal disease, AV Graft, and AV fistula)
- Peripheral arterial disease (atherosclerosis, leg ulcer, and gangrene)
- Varicose veins and spider veins
- Venous disorders (blood clots, deep vein thrombosis, superficial venous thrombosis, phlebitis, chronic venous insufficiency, leg ulcers, and leg swelling)
Our Vascular Surgery Services
Providing inpatient and outpatient care, our vascular surgery specialists are committed to prompt diagnosis and offer the full range of diagnostic and treatment services at our fully certified vascular lab.
Most vascular conditions can be diagnosed and treated using the latest non-invasive techniques without leaving Brooklyn. Patients looking for non-surgical treatment options may benefit from lifestyle changes and medical management of vascular conditions. Our experts will work with you to assess your risk factors and develop a customized treatment plan to address your concerns.
If surgery is required, our vascular surgery specialists provide advanced, minimally invasive surgical care in state-of-the-art facilities. Our vascular surgery services include:
- Minimally invasive management of aortic disease
- Angiography and endovascular approaches to peripheral arterial disease
- Dialysis access management
- Open and endovascular (minimally invasive) interventions for cerebrovascular disease
- Varicose vein treatments (endovenous stents, endovenous laser therapy (EVLT), foam ablation, sclerotherapy, vein laser, and varithena)
Our diagnostic services include:
- Computed tomography angiography (CTA) and magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)
- Duplex ultrasound (also known as doppler test, vascular lab test, duplex exam, duplex scan, ultrasound, and ultrasound exam)
- Doppler ultrasound (also known as carotid duplex)
- Vascular testing including, angiogram, ankle-brachial index or ABI Test
In addition, patients from our community can receive their inpatient care at The Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan at their request, and continue to receive their follow up care here in Brooklyn.
Meet Our Vascular Surgery Team
With a commitment to providing the latest technologies and the highest levels of service, our expert vascular surgeons offer the customized treatment plans and one-on-one patient care that you and your family deserve.
Learn more about our Brooklyn vascular team: