Ambulatory New Graduate Fellowship Program
The Ambulatory New Graduate Fellowship Program will support our RN fellows in the growing ambulatory sector of healthcare while developing future nurse leaders. Our graduates are well-prepared with an in-depth knowledge in the health conditions commonly encountered in ambulatory practices. During this comprehensive, 20-week program, RN fellows will attend didactic lectures on the common health conditions and concerns seen in the ambulatory setting, will enhance their physical assessment skills in the simulation lab, and will rotate through several ambulatory specialties with advanced team members.
Towards the end of the program, the RN fellows will have the opportunity to work with members of their nursing leadership team on a departmental Quality Improvement or Evidence Based Practice project to advance their leadership and research capabilities.
The Ambulatory Fellowship program will be offered two times a year with starts in April and September. For 2023, the cohorts will start the weeks of April 3 and September 18.
Candidates must have:
- Graduation from a Baccalaureate Nursing Program in good standing before the cohort start date.
- A strong interest in career path as an ambulatory nurse
- No more than six months of nursing experience
- Must have successfully passed the NCLEX prior to cohort start date
- Satisfactory interview with a recommendation for hire from a MSHS Nurse Manager/Director
- Signed Agreement of a two (2) year work commitment
- Current AHA BCLS certification