Mount Sinai Outpatient and Specialty Pharmacies
The Mount Sinai Outpatient and Specialty Pharmacies provide pharmaceutical care to Mount Sinai outpatients and specialty pharmacy patients. For patients requiring specialty medications, we have dedicated liaisons to help identify and obtain patient financial-assistance services and programs, medication-adherence programs, personalized refill reminders, on-call pharmacist support and home delivery. We also offer free language assistance to patients whose primary languages are not English and to those who are visually impaired, deaf, or hard of hearing. We work closely with you and your doctor to bring you the best possible care.
If you have a rare or chronic condition, you may need a specialty medication. These high-cost and complicated drugs are often not available at the local drug store. They can be injections, pills, or infusions. They often require special storage or handling. Sometimes these medications have side effects that require monitoring by a trained pharmacist. The Mount Sinai Specialty Pharmacy provides these drugs, along with education, support, and other services. Our team works directly with clinical teams to help manage complex, rare, and chronic medical conditions that require specialized medication therapy. These conditions include:
- Asthma and allergy
- Atopic dermatitis
- Crohn's disease
- Growth hormone disorders
- Hematologic disorders
- Hemophilia blood products
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Other inflammatory conditions
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Respiratory syncytial virus
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Here are a few additional things you should know about the Mount Sinai Specialty Pharmacy:
- We offer support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including national holidays.
- We treat you as an individual. We work closely with your health care providers to develop a program designed just for you.
- To be sure you understand what you are taking and why, we offer prescription education in clinic or by phone. We can also give you printed materials, including medication education handouts.
- We guarantee delivery of your monthly refills. We handle all shipping details.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us.
Are you satisfied with our services? Please fill out our short survey to tell us how we are doing.
Drug Information: Patients may access comprehensive information provided by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on various drugs and medications.