Research Assistant Program
The Mount Sinai Research Assistant Program is a unique experience that we offer to current Nurses and students, providing insight and exposure to various facets of research. The invaluable experience will provide opportunities to attend educational lectures, training and enrichment sessions, professional development, shadowing, a letter of recommendation, and potential job placement.
As a member of the research team, and in accordance with all regulatory, institutional, and departmental requirements, your responsibilities may include: participant enrollment, data collection, data entry, and other research related activities.
As part of the research team, you will:
- Work closely with the Principal Investigators (PIs) and research Study Coordinators
- Aid with institutional review board (IRB)-related materials such as ensuring consent forms and protocols are up to date
- Aid with data collection and data entry as required, per project
- Recruit and/or screen subjects per inclusion/exclusion criteria as described in the study/project protocol
- Obtain informed consent of subjects, as required
- Follow up with subjects, as required
- Manage and respond to project related correspondences and deadlines.
- Communicate protocol deviations with managers and the study coordinator and/or PI as soon as the deviation is detected
- Maintain accurate field notes in the study files
- Ensure all source documentation that supports data collected is available for review
- Attend educational workshops, modules, seminars, and similar, as scheduled
- Attend periodic research team meetings
- If interested, you may assist with the preparation articles, reports, and presentations
Skills and Proficiencies
- Collect and record data accurately
- Communicate clearly with subjects and members of the research team
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Apply critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate effective time management skills
- Maintain proficiency in basic computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office); knowledge of analytic software a plus
If you are interested in the RA program contact the CNRI at CNRI@mountsinai.org.