Mount Sinai Brooklyn is home to a highly-skilled breast surgery team that is committed to bringing outstanding care to our convenient Brooklyn location. Our specialists give patients diagnosed with breast cancer and other breast conditions the best possible outcomes with the least possible amount of treatment and side effects. Drawing on the research and resources of the entire Mount Sinai Health System, we tailor the right treatment plan for each of our patients.
We also promote the importance of screening for breast cancer with regular mammograms. Mount Sinai Brooklyn follows strict COVID-19 safety protocols to make sure all services, including mammograms, are safe for our patients. Breast cancer caught early enough requires less treatment and may even be curable.
Breast Conditions We Treat
Our breast surgery team has deep experience diagnosing and treating all conditions of the breast in both women and men, including the following:
- Breast cancer
- Pre-invasive breast cancer (also called carcinoma in situ)
- High-risk lesions, such as atypical ductal hyperplasia (ADH) and lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS)
- Benign masses, such as fibroadenoma
- Non-mass related conditions, such as breast pain and nipple discharge
- Male breast cancer
Breast Surgery Services We Provide
Our board-certified and fellowship-trained breast surgeons are committed to providing the best possible treatments for our patients in our supportive, stress-reducing environment.
Working with fellowship-trained breast pathologists and radiologists, we are skilled in providing the newest available diagnostics, including the following:
- High-resolution 3D mammography with tomosynthesis
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI (by referral only)
- Stereotactic and ultrasound-guided needle biopsies
- MRI guided biopsies
- Genomic profiling
- Genetic testing and counseling
Our breast surgery team includes a fellowship-trained medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, and other specialists who work together to personalize the right treatment plan for each patient. We also work closely with our Mount Sinai Brooklyn Infusion Center to seamlessly provide patients with chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted agents, and more.
We are skilled in the newest available breast surgery services and techniques, including the following:
- Partial and total mastectomy
- Breast reconstruction
- Oncoplastic surgery
- Excisional biopsies
- Sentinel lymph node biopsies
- Axillary lymph node dissections
- Psycho-Social services and support groups
- Physical therapy
Meet Our Breast Surgery Team
The Mount Sinai Brooklyn breast surgery team brings specialized expertise and the clinical excellence of the Mount Sinai Health System to our local community.
Learn more about our Brooklyn breast surgery team: