Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Telemedicine Appointments
Mount Sinai’s Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Medicine offers telemedicine/video appointments to maximize the patient experience and efficiency. We recognize during this heightened alert about COVID-19, that this convenient service is extremely helpful with reducing your potential risk of exposure. Used for both new and existing patients, these appointments may be made for most Otolaryngology/Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) visit types.
We appreciate your understanding that some ENT/otolaryngology conditions require a physical examination and/or endoscopic visualization of the nose, mouth or voice box in the office. However, we are encouraging telemedicine/telehealth visits to start the conversation about patients’ symptoms and determine next steps which can include prescribing medications if needed. Our patients have given us great feedback about their experience and enjoy the various benefits of real-time video visits.
If you would like to request a Telemedicine visit, please email ENTtelemedicine@mountsinai.org, request an appointment through MyChart or call your physician’s office and speak to one of our staff members who can assist you (for phone numbers and locations, visit Otolaryngology Locations and Contact Information).
Frequently Asked Questions about Telemedicine
Which Otolaryngology physicians participate in telehealth appointments?
The following physicians in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery participate in this telemedicine service:
- Dr. Eric Genden, Head and Neck Oncology
- Dr. Daniel Buchbinder, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dr. Raymond Chai, Head and Neck Oncology
- Dr. Patrick Colley, Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery
- Dr. Bart Castellano, General ENT
- Dr. Maura Cosetti, Otology-Neurotology
- Dr. Mark Courey, Laryngology (Voice and Swallowing Disorders)
- Dr. David Culang, General ENT
- Reny Daniel, PA, General ENT
- Dr. Anthony Del Signore, Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery
- Leanne Goldberg, MS, CCC-SLP, Speech Language Pathologist
- Dr. Satish Govindaraj, Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery
- Dr. Alyssa Hackett, MD, Pediatric ENT
- Amanda Hembree, MS, CCC-SLP, Speech Language Pathology
- Dr. Matthew Hirsch, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Dr. Sam Huh, General ENT
- Dr. Alfred Iloreta, Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery
- Dr. Anthony Jahn, Otology-Neurotology
- Dr. Nazir Khan, Head and Neck Oncology
- Dr. Diana Kirke, Head and Neck Oncology
- Tamar Kotz, Head and Neck Cancer Speech Pathologist
- Dr. Robert Lebovics, Autoimmune Disorders and General ENT
- Dr. Gregory Levitin, Vascular Birthmarks and Malformations
- Dr. Fred Lin, Sleep Surgery
- Dr. Aldo Londino, Pediatric ENT
- Dr. Brett Miles, Head and Neck Oncology
- Dr. Matthew Mori, Laryngology (Voice and Swallowing Disorders)
- Dr. Zan Mra, General ENT
- Dr. Isaac Namdar, General ENT
- Dr. Joshua Rosenberg, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Dr. Joseph Rousso, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Dr. Noah Sands, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Dr. Madeleine Schaberg, Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery
- Tanya Sharrieff, PA, Head and Neck Oncology
- Dr. Edward Shin, General ENT/Head
- Dr. Marita Teng, Head and Neck Oncology
- Dr. Gregory Tsai, General ENT and Sleep Surgery
- Dr. Michael Turner, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dr. Benjamin Tweel, General ENT
- Dr. Mark Urken, Head and Neck Oncology
- Dr. George Wanna, Otology-Neurotology
- Dr. Calvin Wei, Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery
What types of appointments can take place in Otolaryngology/ENT via video visits?
As noted above, we are using this delivery care method for both new and follow-up visits.
How do I book a telemedicine appointment?
Please contact your provider’s office via Mount Sinai MyChart or telephone to schedule your appointment. To locate a phone number for a specific office of Otolaryngology, please visit our Otolaryngology Locations.
Do you have a step-by-step guide for patients to begin a Telemedicine appointment?
Yes, please watch the video, “How to Download and Use MyChart” or see our Telemedicine Patient Guide and our Patient Checklist.
What kind of phone, tablet or computer setup is required?
MyChart telemedicine appointments can be performed using the MyChart app (found in the Google Play store or iTunes) on any Android, iOS phone, or tablet released in the last few years.
How can I arrange a Telemedicine appointment for my child?
Please contact us at 212-241-9410 and our staff will grant parents or guardians a proxy account so they can act on behalf of a child. Please create a MyChart account for your child upon receiving an activation code from our staff.
Please see Dr. Hackett’s message to parents.
Is my healthcare information safe while participating in this online visit?
Mount Sinai employs encrypted, HIPAA-compliant technology to connect you to our doctors. No one is present in the room with the doctor or listening on the line; you can confidently discuss your health in an environment of secure privacy.
Is there a copay for a telemedicine visit?
It is unlikely you will be charged a copay for your video visit. Most insurance companies are waiving copays during this critical time that patients receive necessary care for their symptoms.