Same Day Appointment Program at Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
The Department of Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat)-Head and Neck Surgery at the Mount Sinai Health System offers a Same Day Appointment Program to enhance efficiencies for our patients and referring physicians. Depending on the level of care required and the time of day the call is placed, patients may be seen by a physician with specialized expertise that day.
For patients and physicians calling before 2pm, we offer same day appointments across the Health System. For inquiries received after 2pm, we offer appointments to patients the following day. If you request a specific physician, we offer the first available appointment with him or her, or a different physician on call for the Same Day Appointment Program within the same specialty area.
How the Same Day Appointment Process Works
When you call 800-TO-SINAI or 844-463-2778 to request a same day appointment, the following process will occur:
- A Patient Access Services nurse will ask basic (i.e. phone number, insurance carrier, etc.) and clinical information to complete the request.
- The nurse coordinator will then relay to the Department of Otolaryngology your request and specialty area needed.
- The Department of Otolaryngology will contact you with the first available appointment.
- Once confirmed, the nurse coordinator will communicate back to your referring physician that you are confirmed to see a doctor at the Department of Otolaryngology.
What Areas of Expertise Participate in the Same Day Appointment Program?
The Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery encompasses several areas of expertise related to the ear, nose and throat. These include:
- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and injections
- General ENT
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Otology/hearing and audiology
- Rhinology/sinus and allergy care
- Sleep apnea care
- Voice and swallowing disorders
What if I Need Imaging Tests or Biopsy Results First?
For patients who are calling about a mass or tumor of the head and neck (i.e. on the thyroid, tongue, throat, etc.), it is likely that you will need to bring imaging test or biopsy results with you to your appointment. In these instances, you may not be able to be seen the same day or day after if your tests have not been performed yet. However, our Patient Services coordinators can assist you with obtaining the necessary appointments for those tests and the first available appointment with our Head and Neck Oncology physicians thereafter.
To make a same day appointment, call 800-TO-SINAI or 844-463-2778, or request an appointment online here.