Beginning with diagnosis, Mount Sinai’s oral and maxillofacial surgery team uses the latest technologies to thoroughly evaluate and treat each patient’s condition. Whether you need a minor oral procedure that can be done in our office, or a more complex operation to be performed at the hospital, our team of board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons possesses specialized training so we can offer the newest available oral and maxillofacial surgery options. Additionally, we employ advanced Virtual Surgical Planning page for complex cases to maximize surgical precision. Below are some common treatments we provide:
- Bone Grafting: This procedure allows for the placement of bone in portions of the jaw that need additional structural support. Mount Sinai’s oral and maxillofacial surgeons are skilled in this procedure, which not only replaces missing bone but stimulates new bone growth.
- Dental Implant Program: Our surgery team has vast experience in dental implant procedures, which use a non-removable prosthesis that will function as your own teeth.
- Oral Pathology: Our dedicated oral pathologist specializes in evaluating specimens of the jawbone and oral cavity to diagnose conditions such as cysts, salivary gland tumors, oral cancer, and disorders related to the jawbone, lip, and palate.
- Orthognathic (Jaw) Surgery: Our surgical team is skilled in orthognathic (or corrective) jaw surgery, a common procedure used to fix overbites, underbites, and crossbites in order to achieve a good bite, an open airway, and facial symmetry.
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction: Also called “third molars,” wisdom teeth may become trapped beneath the gum line and behind the second molars. Our surgeons have vast expertise extracting these “impacted” wisdom teeth.