The urologists at Mount Sinai Doctors in Queens treat men and women for a wide range of urological conditions, such as kidney stones, prostate and bladder problems, incontinence, hematuria (blood in the urine), urethral stricture, urinary tract infections, and urological cancers. We offer both medical and surgical care.
We have expertise in men’s urologic health, and treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low testosterone
- Prostate cancer
We treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) using medications and in-office procedures, such as UroLift ®. The UroLift procedure eliminates the side effects associated with medication and offers a faster recovery time than with surgery.
At Mount Sinai Doctors in Queens, we also diagnose and treat specific urological conditions that affect women. The most common conditions we treat are:
- Urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction
- Overactive (neurogenic) bladder
- Pelvic pain and pelvic organ prolapse
Our expert urologists perform a full range of surgeries for urologic conditions, most using minimally invasive techniques. Some of the most common procedures are:
- Endoscopy: A minimally invasive procedure using a flexible camera to show us the urinary tract for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes
- Percutaneous procedures: Performed through small skin incisions
- Laparoscopic Surgeries: Procedures using a fiber optic camera and instruments through small incisions in the abdominal wall to remove or repair tissue
- Robotic-assisted urologic surgeries
- Greenlight™laser photo vaporization of the prostate: To evaporate prostate tissue blocking the outlet of the bladder
We are dedicated to providing you and your family with high-quality and personalized care before, during, and after surgery.
We offer you state-of-the-art management for urologic cancers including:
- Adrenal gland
- Kidney (including partial nephrectomy)
- Retroperitoneum (the space behind the membrane lining the abdominal cavity)
For certain procedures, our surgical team uses the latest in robotic surgical technology with the DaVinci® Xi™ Surgical System. This high-tech system lets us perform delicate and complex procedures in small spaces, with more precise movement than traditional methods. Benefits include decreases in bleeding, pain, risk of infection, and scarring, and offers a faster recovery.
We collaborate with our team of radiation and medical oncologists when appropriate. In addition, we offer clinical trials for patients who are eligible and interested in participating.