If you want to enhance the silhouette of your backside, Mount Sinai plastic surgeons can help you achieve your desired derriere profile. Buttock enhancement (also known as gluteal augmentation and lift) can improve both the shape and size of your backside.
The surgeries to enhance your buttocks include a buttock augmentation and a buttock lift. We will confer with you about which of these procedures can give you the results you are seeking.
Buttock or gluteal augmentation improves the contour, size, and shape of your buttocks. Your surgeon uses buttock implants, fat grafting, or a combination of the two.
- Buttock implants— are silicone-filled devices that are surgically placed deep within the tissues of your buttock.
- Fat grafting (often called the “Brazilian butt lift”)—transfers fat from one area of the body into the tissues of the buttocks.
You can enhance your buttocks with augmentation surgery that will:
- Increase fullness, roundness, and prominence of your buttocks
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
A buttock, or gluteal, lift improves the shape and tone of your buttocks by working on the underlying tissue that supports skin and fat in the buttock area. You may choose a buttock lift when aging, sun damage, pregnancy, weight changes, or genetic factors have caused your buttocks to sag.
The procedure to give you a smoother and more pleasing contour will involve removing excess skin and fat. A butt lift may also improve the irregular, dimpling skin of your butt cheeks.
A buttock lift can add volume to buttocks using:
- Fat grafting
- Buttock implants
- Auto-augmentation using your own tissue under your skin to add volume
- Liposuction for better contouring
Our goal is to make you happy with your uplifted, nicely curved, and smooth buttocks, and to help you adjust to your new shape.