The Derfner Foundation Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) at Mount Sinai Department of Surgery
The Derfner Foundation Ambulatory Surgery Center, LLC is a state-of-the-art facility that provides patients with the highest quality care and a same-day discharge. The ASC follows world-class best practices established by the Mount Sinai Department of Surgery.
We are located on the 14th floor of Mount Sinai Faculty Practice Associates at 5 East 98th Street and are easily accessible by public transportation.
Our Commitment to Excellence
At the Derfner Foundation Ambulatory Surgery Center, we are committed to delivering the highest standards of surgical care. The ASC is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facility.
Quad A accreditation programs help facilities demonstrate a strong commitment to patient safety, standardize quality, maintain fiscal responsibility, promote services to patients, and collaborate with other healthcare leaders.
Are you a surgeon seeking a state-of-the-art facility for your outpatient procedures? Look no further. At The Derfner Foundation Ambulatory Surgery Center, we offer a seamless experience that aligns with your commitment to excellence. Join our network of esteemed surgeons and gain access to a facility that meets and exceeds your expectations.
If you are a doctor looking for a convenient and safe option for outpatient surgery, The Derfner Foundation Ambulatory Surgery Center is the perfect choice for you. Contact us today to reserve your spot.
Or call us at 212-241-0082.
Have questions for the team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Patients and Visitors
At the Derfner Foundation Ambulatory Surgery Center, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality care before, during, and after your procedure. We understand that you may be feeling anxious or uncertain about your upcoming procedure. We want to assure you that we are here to help you every step of the way.
To help you prepare for your procedure, we have provided clear and concise instructions on what to expect. Please read these instructions carefully and follow them to the best of your ability.
We also encourage you to ask any questions you may have about your procedure. Our team of experienced nurses and doctors is here to answer your questions and concerns.
Preparing for Surgery:
Before your procedure, please complete the following:
- Complete any pre-surgical testing that is needed. Ideally, complete these tests 7 to 30 days before your procedure date. Contact your surgeon for more information on the type of tests needed.
- Share any requested medical records. Ensure your surgeon has received any requested medical records, consultations, or testing you have undergone in preparation for your procedure.
- Secure an escort. If you are having a procedure and going home the same day, you must arrange for a person to accompany you home (an escort).
- Follow your doctor’s instructions about which medications to take before your procedure.
When you arrive for your procedure, please enter through Mount Sinai Faculty Practice Associates at 5 East 98th Street. We are located on the 14th floor. Please bring the following items:
- Government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, or New York State ID
- Health insurance card
- Prescription card, and pharmacy name and phone number
- Any physician referrals as requested
- A contact lens container (if you wear contacts)
- We suggest wearing comfortable clothes that are easy to take off and put on
- Bring any personal items you will need for your stay. Please bring only what you need, and leave your valuables, including jewelry, watches, rings, earrings, and cash at home.