If you need outpatient surgery, now you can have it performed in our pristine new surgical suite in the calm, comfortable setting of Mount Sinai Chelsea. Our team of highly trained and skilled medical professionals is dedicated to ensuring you receive the most personalized and compassionate care—all in the convenience of your Chelsea neighborhood.
Surgeries We Perform
Our surgeons specialize in breast, gynecological, and general surgeries to treat a variety of conditions on an outpatient basis—meaning that you go home the same day. Your Women’s Cancer Program surgeons may also perform diagnostic surgical procedures as part of your breast or gynecological care.
We perform the following types of procedures using the most advanced and least invasive surgical techniques to ensure the fastest recovery time and best outcome for you.
- Breast surgery—Lumpectomy, or the removal of a cancerous tumor in the breast
- Gynecological surgery—Removal of symptomatic benign ovarian cysts or uterine fibroids; dilation and curettage (D&C) to remove uterine tissue; removal of cancerous reproductive organs such as one or both ovaries or fallopian tubes, the uterus, and lymph nodes; or hysterectomy to remove the uterus and cervix
- Hernia surgery—Repair or removal of an enlarged painful hernia
- Mohs surgery—Removal of basal cell carcinoma (BCC) to treat this form of skin cancer
- Surgical oncology—Diagnostics such as biopsies to remove tissue for analysis, and surgical treatment to remove cancerous tumors
- Thoracic surgery—Treatment of benign and cancerous growths of the lungs and esophagus, such as thoracic nodules and masses
- Transgender surgery—Transition support procedures, such as breast augmentation
A Network of Care
While these and other outpatient surgeries can be performed right here at Mount Sinai Chelsea, sometimes you may need a surgical procedure, like mastectomy, that requires a hospital stay. In that case we are able to treat you at one of our seven Mount Sinai Health System hospitals in New York City.
Afterwards, we are pleased to welcome you back here, where you can receive any follow-up care with your doctors and take advantage of our extensive support services.