For Referring Physicians
The Mount Sinai Department of Psychiatry offers a comprehensive range of mental health services. Our treatment programs—inpatient, partial inpatient, transitional, outpatient, and emergency services—provide a compassionate multidisciplinary approach to evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of all types of mental health disorders. Delivered by a highly skilled team of psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers, the care we provide your patients is reinforced by our research and clinical trials conducted through the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
When we treat the patients you refer to us, we keep you informed about their progress. As a practice, we often recommend that patients continue to see their physicians ꟷ you ꟷ for ongoing medication prescriptions and health care to help sustain their recovery within the community.
- Treatment Centers: Our centers and programs combine specialized clinical service and research into a comprehensive model of care.
- Inpatient Services: Mount Sinai provides multidisciplinary care for patients who may have any of a wide range of mental illnesses.
- Emergency Services: Our dedicated Psychiatric Emergency Services provide immediate evaluation and stabilization for patients of all ages in crisis.
Research and Clinical Trials
Working with our referring physicians, the Department of Psychiatry strives to combine the newest science with clinical skills in order to provide the most seamless and successful treatments for each patient entrusted to our care.
Our robust research activities of the Icahn Medical School enhance treatment areas at Mount Sinai, including effective medications and psychotherapy techniques. Through research, we are able to give patients access to emerging therapies through Mount Sinai and multi-national clinical trial enrollments.
The Mount Sinai Department of Psychiatry is committed to researching the causes and mechanisms behind a range of mental illnesses in order to develop the most effective treatments. We focus our efforts on designing novel therapy options not available elsewhere.
Mount Sinai investigators are currently conducting basic research and clinical trials in a number of areas, including the following:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders
Discover more about Mount Sinai’s approach to clinical trials to develop new medications and treatment that may be helpful in treating your patients mental health conditions.