Prenatal Visit at Mount Sinai Doctors-Brooklyn Heights
Mount Sinai Doctors-Brooklyn Heights offers free 30-minute virtual group Prenatal Consultations. We want to make sure you pick the best pediatrician for you and your family. The meeting is open to parents, grandparents, and other family and friends who will be important in raising your child. During this conversation, you are laying the groundwork for a trusting, supportive care relationship that will last for the next 18 or 20 years.
The American Academy of Pediatricians recommends all parents-to-be meet with a pediatrician before the birth. It is especially useful for first-time parents, single parents, families with high-risk pregnancies, and parents anticipating twins or triplets. Most parents choose a doctor for their child during the second trimester of pregnancy.
To register for a free Prenatal Consultation, call our Access Center at 929-210-6000.
Questions to Ask
The consultation will address a variety of topics you may be wondering about. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask us anything that concerns you or that you are curious about. Questions parents ask include:
- How do you feel about:
- Alternative medicine
- Child care
- How long have you been in practice?
- Do you have children?
- What can I expect in the hospital? For the first few weeks after the birth?
- How do I prepare for the baby? Do you have any recommendations for furniture and supplies?
- Do you provide breastfeeding training?
- What do I need to know about avoiding germs? About jaundice?
- What is the best way to put the baby to sleep?
- Should I donate cord blood?
- Do you have separate waiting rooms for sick and well children?
- Do you have weekend and evening hours?
- Do you have same-day visits? Walk-in visits?
- Do you make house calls?
- Do you accept phone calls for questions that aren’t emergencies? Is there a particular time I can call to talk with a nurse?
- What is your schedule for well-baby check-ups? How long are these appointments?
- What immunizations will my child need? Do you have a set schedule for these?
- How do you handle emergencies? What if they happen after hours? How long will it take for my child to be seen?
- What hospital are you affiliated with?
- Do I have a specific doctor or will my child see whoever is available? Can I request a specific doctor? What happens when my doctor is on vacation?
- Can you tell me about the hospital? Is it on my insurance? What specialties are on staff? Is there 24-hour visiting for parents of infants? Can I spend the night with my child if necessary?
- Can I make appointments online? Can I fill out forms online?
- Can I email you with questions?
- Are my child’s records available online? What about test results?
- Do you have a help line for questions? Is there a certain time or a special number to call?