Integrative Medicine and Urology
The Integrative Urology and Wellness Program at Mount Sinai Urology provides integrative care for men and women with genitourinary tract disorders. The urologists at Mount Sinai are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of the urological conditions ranging from incontinence to urological cancers.
Whether you need urologic services or a second opinion, the Urology and Wellness program at Mount Sinai is here to help you and answer any questions you may have. Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the latest technology and holistic therapies to provide comprehensive care for all patients. Our individualized approach to care ensures that our patients receive the best care possible.
We treat the following urologic conditions:
- Urologic oncology – prostate cancer, bladder cancer, kidney cancer, testicular cancer
- Urinary conditions (female) – female pelvic pain and vulvodynia, interstitial cystitis, painful bladder syndrome, lower urinary tract symptoms(LUTS) related to overactive bladder or urge urinary incontinence, urinary incontinence
- Urinary conditions (male) – chronic prostatitis(CP), chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS), other lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) or overactive bladder such as urinary urgency
- Fertility and sexual function (male and female)
- Supportive care/Symptom management for patients with any type of cancer
- Musculoskeletal complaints including low back pain, neck pain and joint pain
- Pain and headache
- Cardiorespiratory and metabolic health
- Wellness and rejuvenation (male and female)
At the Mount Sinai Integrative Urology and Wellness Program, we provide a full range of Western and non-Western practices in our treatment modalities. With diet, wellness, and lifestyle consultations and coaching, our treatments are effective in helping patients live a normal life.
Other treatment options include:
- Acupuncture and traditional Asian medicine therapy
- Exercise, movement and physical therapy
- Mind-body medicine such as Qi gong and meditation
- Tui na and massage based therapy
Different treatments are effective for specific conditions. Acupuncture and mind-body approaches have proven to be effective against a variety of conditions including chronic prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain, lower urinary tract symptoms (urinary urgency and frequency), interstitial cystitis, painful bladder and pelvic floor dysfunction.
Diet and lifestyle changes are helpful for our prostate and genitourinary conditions and cancers. With our help, we will help you with diet, exercise, meditation and stress reduction.