Our internal medicine physicians at Mount Sinai Doctors-Brooklyn Heights are experts in adult health. These doctors, also called internists, specialize in adult care of all individuals that are 18 years of age and older.
Internal medicine physicians serve as your "medical home" for ongoing personalized care. Every internist is trained in the essentials of primary care internal medicine, which incorporates an understanding of disease prevention, wellness, substance abuse, mental health, and effective treatment of common problems of the eyes, ears, skin, nervous system, and reproductive organs.
We offer a wide range of services, including the following:
- Cancer screening and preventive services
- Management of chronic health problems (e.g., chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, hypertension)
- Medical clearances for surgery or sports
- Mental health screening and treatment
- Routine medical problems
- Yearly physicals
Internal Medicine Nurse Practitioner
In addition to our internal medicine physicians, a team of dedicated nurse practitioners provides a broad range of health services to our patients. Services include:
- Disease prevention
- Managing chronic health conditions
- Nutrition and health
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Timothy Munier, NP