At the Dubin Breast Center, we promote activities to encourage overall health in a supportive environment. As part of this mission, we are pleased to offer group yoga classes to our patients, free of charge.
Group Yoga Classes
We offer weekly group yoga classes for Dubin Breast Center patients through a partnership with the yoga4cancer (y4c) organization. Developed by cancer survivor and Master Yoga Teacher, Tari Prinster, y4c classes follow an evidence-based methodology tailored to address the specific needs of cancer patients and survivors. All y4c classes:
- Build strength and flexibility in safe ways
- Stimulate the immune system and build bone density
- Cultivate a sense of well-being
- Create hope and community
- Empower all to take control and enhance quality of life
- Are taught by an experienced, trained y4c teacher
All y4c instructors have received advanced training and are sensitive to your concerns as a post-operative patient or someone currently undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation treatments. Classes are excellent for all levels, including beginners. Yoga classes are mat-based but we can modify them if you prefer to sit in a chair. Please reserve a spot in advance, as class space is limited.