At the Dubin Breast Center, we promote activities to encourage overall health in a supportive environment. As part of this mission, we are pleased to offer you group yoga classes, free of charge.
Group Yoga Classes
We provide weekly group yoga classes through a partnership with yoga4cancer (y4c). Master Yoga Teacher, Tari Prinster, a cancer survivor, developed the classes. They follow an evidence-based methodology. In addition, Tari has tailored them for cancer patients and survivors. All y4c classes:
- Build strength and flexibility in safe ways
- Create hope and community
- Cultivate a sense of well-being
- Empower all to take control and enhance quality of life
- Stimulate the immune system and build bone density
- Taught by an experienced, trained y4c teacher
All y4c instructors have received advanced training. They are sensitive to your concerns after surgery or while undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatment. Our classes are appropriate for all levels, including beginners. Yoga classes are mat-based but we can modify them if you prefer to sit in a chair. Please reserve a spot in advance, as class space is limited.