Medication-Assisted Treatment Programs
For more than 50 years, opioid treatment has helped people when other forms of treatment have failed. It improves the medical and emotional lives or people addicted to opioids. Treatment reduces the chances of getting HIV and other infectious diseases and decreases criminal behavior. Overall, it improves the lives of our patients.
The Opioid Treatment Program at the Addiction Institute of Mount Sinai is a comprehensive treatment program. We administer methadone and buprenorphine. In addition, we provide a full range of clinical services.
To provide comprehensive services, such as counseling, psychiatric services, and medical treatment
- To provide substance abuse counseling and therapy (group and/or individual), in addition to medical and medication management
- To assist you in achieving your goals and improving your quality of life
We achieve these goals by offering a wide array of treatment options. We start with medical treatment, in the form of methadone or buprenorphine. We also offer group counseling, one-on-one therapy, and case management. We offer all services on site.
The program services include:
- Methadone treatment
- Buprenorphine treatment
- Individual, family counseling and treatment
- Case management
- Group treatment
- Educational and vocational counseling
- Annual physicals
- General medical care
- Art therapy
- Psychiatric evaluation and Medication Management
- HIV counseling and testing
- Access to all medical and psychiatric services in the Mount Sinai Health System
- Peer counseling
- Hepatitis C testing and telemedicine
- Women’s-only clinic