Below is a list of resources for information regarding eating disorders and the treatment of eating disorders:
Useful Eating Disorder Websites
- MaudsleyParents.org - "Family-based Treatment of Adolescent Anorexia Nervosa: The Maudsley Approach"
- FEAST-ED.org - "The Family-Based, or Maudsley Treatment Approach"
- CEDD.org - "The Maudsley Model of Family Based Treatment"
Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- University of Oxford (Department of Psychiatry) website - "CBT and Eating Disorders: Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Eating Disorders"
- WebMD - "Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Eating Disorders"
- NJ-Act.org - "CBT for Eating Disorders"
- Guilford Press website - "Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Eating Disorders"
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- University of Washington website - Marsha Linehan
- NYTimes.com- "Expert on Mental Illness Reveals Her Own Fight"
- PsychCentral.com - "Marsha Linehan Acknowledges Her Own Struggle with Borderline Personality Disorder"
- BehavioralTech.org - "DBT Resources: What is DBT?"
Acceptance-based Therapy (ACT)
- Steven C. Hayes
- ContextualPsychology.org - "Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)"
- APA.org - "Acceptance and Commitment Therapy"
- Books.Google.com - "Acceptance and Mindfulness Treatments for Children and Adolescents"
- NursingPlanet.com - "Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)"
Learn More About Eating Disorders
Fairburn, CG (2013). Overcoming Binge Eating. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
Lock, J, & Le Grange, D (2005). Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
For more information or to make an appointment:
1425 Madison Ave. (corner or 98th St. and Madison Ave.)
ICAHN Building, Floor 6, Room 32
New York, NY 10029