Medication Access Program (MAP)
What is MAP?
The Medication Access Program (MAP) is a telehealth service that offers personalized, one-on-one support to address your medication needs. Our dedicated and knowledgeable team provides education, counseling, medication home delivery, and financial assistance for eligible patients.
How will this program help me?
During your MAP telehealth appointment, you’ll meet with a pharmacist and nurse practitioner to go over all of your medications, including any questions or concerns you may have.
- The purpose and importance of each of your medications
- How to incorporate your medications into your daily routine
- Any side effects associated with your medications
- How to inject medications, if needed
In addition to reviewing your medications, MAP will also:
- Provide financial assistance for eligible patients
- Provide home delivery on all medications (if interested)
- Manage all future medication refills
How do I schedule my appointment?
A MAP patient coordinator will call you to schedule your appointment.
How should I prepare for my appointment?
MAP will email you forms to be completed electronically before your appointment. In addition to these forms, please come prepared with a complete list of all of your medications. Write down any questions or concerns you have about these medications.
Some questions you may want to ask:
- When and how should I take each medication?
- What are the possible side effects? Are there any possible long-term effects?
- Will my insurance cover these medications?
- How often should I check in with my doctor about these medications?
- How can I learn to self-inject?
- When can I expect to receive my medications?
- Can I have my medications delivered to my home?
Please plan ahead for where you will be when logging into your appointment. Make sure the room you are in has a strong internet connection, and that it is quiet and allows you privacy.
Three Simple Steps to Joining Your Virtual Visit
- Get set up: Make sure you are in a quiet, private room with a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Wait for the link: You will receive a link for your virtual appointment about five minutes before the appointment begins.
- Join the visit: Click on the link to join the telehealth session with your MAP providers.
If you have difficulty logging into your virtual visit, our patient coordinator is on standby and available to help.