The Tisch Cancer Institute at The Mount Sinai Hospital offers comprehensive, individualized treatment plans for patients with all types and stages of cancer. Cancer care at Mount Sinai reflects a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach, grounded in outstanding clinical care and research.
Because The Tisch Cancer Institute is embedded within a renowned medical center, we are able to provide patients with access to the best possible cancer care across a variety of disciplines including medical, surgical, and radiation treatments, as well as palliative care, behavioral medicine, physical therapy, psychosocial services. Patients also have access to cutting-edge cancer research and a broad spectrum of clinical trials.
Extraordinary specialists in every field treat our patients. Whether patients experience another medical condition during cancer treatment, require specialized follow-up, or want to preserve fertility during treatment, they can receive fully integrated care at Mount Sinai.
Types of treatments we offer:
- Surgery: From HIPEC to MOHS surgery and beyond, Mount Sinai has skilled surgeons who offer the latest techniques in oncological surgery. For more information on the types of surgery available by specific cancer diagnosis, please visit the Cancer Services page.
- Medical Oncology: We offer chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and biotherapy for cancer patients in our Ruttenberg Treatment Center (and Dubin Breast Center) in state-of-the-art infusion suites.
- Radiation Oncology: Our Department of Radiation Oncology uses treatments such as radioactive seed implantation and stereotactic external-beam radiation, and is the only site in New York City (and only one of four in New York state) using Novalis shaped beam radiosurgery.
- Bone marrow transplantation: Our Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) program is one of the largest and longest-running BMT programs in the New York City area, providing approximately 200 transplants a year.
- Other novel therapies: Patients are often able to receive novel therapies according to their individual needs and diagnoses. The Tisch Cancer Institute offers a wide range of cancer clinical trials that can provide access to the latest cancer therapies. To learn more about available clinical trials, please visit our Clinical Research and Clinical Trials page.
Visit the Cancer Services page to explore treatment options by disease type.