The Breast Health Resource Program offers counseling, seminars, support groups, and a library of information about the latest breast cancer treatments.
Our current services include:
- Drop-in Support Group Program – Weekly groups that focus on the ongoing needs of patients, whether newly diagnosed or facing episodic concerns. Education and peer support is always within reach to address personal concerns in a caring atmosphere.
- Patient-to-Patient Support Program – Our trained volunteers – many of whom are breast cancer survivors – act as caring guides by offering comfort and support as well as sharing their personal experiences.
- The Healthy Lifestyle Program – This educational wellness series promotes recovery through the practice of healthy nutrition, exercise, and effective stress management. Our multidisciplinary team provides the skills needed to meet the challenges of survivorship.
- Breast Care – The Mount Sinai Community Breast Health Education and Screening Program. Breast Care raises awareness about the importance of a three-tiered approach to breast health: breast self-exam, clinical exams, and mammography. Breast Care's outreach team provides speakers and screening programs in community and corporate settings.
- Latina Support Program – This program provides culturally sensitive individual, family and group counseling services for Spanish-speaking women. The bi-monthly Latina Support Group offers education, emotional support and coordination of care.
- WISH (Women In Search of Health) – This unique program focuses on women at high risk for breast or ovarian cancer who have tested positive for a BRCA mutation. Counseling and group support will help these women explore proactive surveillance and risk-lowering options.
- Breast Health Lecture Series – This public education program presents expert speakers and topics that reflect state-of-the-art progress in breast cancer treatment and research.
Other services include:
- Counseling – Individual, couples, and family counseling is available.
- Resource referral and case management
- Navigator services for patients and survivors
- Stress reduction and relaxation techniques
- Breast cancer resource library
To learn more about our programs and services, please call (212) 987-3063.
August 2016 [PDF]