PSON Alumni Association
Greetings to all Alumni and Friends!
During these challenging times, we hope this communication finds you and your families healthy and safe. We are proud to be graduates of the Mount Sinai Phillips School of Nursing who represent the best in nursing and practice in a variety of positions and settings.
2022 promises to be an exciting year as we welcome some new Board members and take a fresh look at how to best respond to our mission:
Foster, develop, and improve nursing services and nursing education through the coordinated action of nurses with allied professional groups and other citizens to meet the needs of the community.
The Association aims to achieve this by:
- Advancing the interest of the students and alumni by providing opportunities to maintain and build on their relationships with Mount Sinai Hospital and the Mount Sinai Phillips School of Nursing.
- Providing scholastic achievement and professional development benefits to the Membership and new graduates via Awards and Association events.
- Carrying an active program which maintains the highest standard of nursing practice by promoting professional education and advancement via educational programs, networking events, and scholarships.
- Encouraging participation and cooperation in professional and community activities.
The Alumni Association is overseen by a Board of Directors. The Board meets several times each year to plan the year’s activities and to manage Alumni business. Among the initiatives carried out annually by the Association are:
- Scholarship support for outstanding active alumni enrolled in BSN, MSN and doctoral programs
- Annual alumni awards program at the Fall Luncheon
- Financial support for continuing education programs
- Sponsorship of educational programs offering Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Informal networking events to keep in touch with former classmates and friends
- Support for class reunions at the annual fall luncheon
- Financial aid for nursing service support when ill
For more information about our activities, please visit our website and consider or renew your membership in the Alumni Association by completing the Membership Form.
With warm regards,
Rose Otero, RN-BC
Class of 1988
President, PSON Alumni Association
- Rose Otero, President
- Open Position – Vice President
- Virginia Klunder, Treasurer
- Edwina Thompson, Assistant Treasurer
- Rita Williams, Recording Secretary
- Rochelle Bokow Bronson
- Miriam Fridman
- Alisa Gadon
- Mary Anne Gallagher
- Patricia McKenna
- Bernice Rosario
- Audrey Schmerzler
- Sandra Stern Winer