PSON Alumni Association
2019 Greetings to all Alumni and Friends!
This Year Our School is Celebrating 115 Years of Nursing Education!
The mission of the association is to foster, develop, and improve nursing services and nursing education through the coordinated action of nurses with allied professional groups, and other citizens to meet the needs of the community.
The Association aims to achieve this by:
- Advancing the interest of the students and alumni by providing opportunities to maintain and build on their relationships with Mount Sinai Beth Israel and the Phillips School of Nursing.
- Providing scholastic achievement and professional development benefits to the Membership and new graduates via Awards and Association events.
- Carrying an active program which maintains the highest standard of nursing practice by promoting professional education and advancement via educational programs, networking events and scholarships.
- Encouraging participation and cooperation in professional and community activities.
The Association is overseen by a Board of Directors. The Board meets several times each year to plan the year’s activities and to manage Alumni business.
Among the initiatives carried out annually by the Association are:
- Scholarship support for outstanding active alumni enrolled in BSN, MSN and doctoral programs
- Annual alumni awards program at the Fall Luncheon
- Financial support for continuing education programs
- Sponsorship of educational programs offering Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Informal networking events to keep in touch with former classmates and friends
- Support for class reunions at the annual fall luncheon
- Financial aid for nursing service support when ill
For more information about these activities, please visit our Calendar of Events and List of Alumni Benefits links. Please renew or consider becoming an active member and supporting your Alumni Association by completing a Membership Form and sending in your dues today! Keep us updated by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 212-614-6157.
With warm regards,
Rose Otero, RN-BC
President, PSON Alumni Association
- Rose Otero, President
- Lynn Shor Rubenstein, Vice President
- Virginia Klunder, Treasurer
- Edwina Thompson, Assistant Treasurer
- Rita Williams, Recording Secretary
- Rochelle Bokow Bronson
- Miriam Fridman
- Alisa Gadon
- Mary Anne Gallagher
- Jacqueline Johnson
- Frances Labinger
- Patricia McKenna
- Ruth Merdinger
- Bernice Rosario
- Audrey Schmerzler
- Sandra Stern Winer
The Annual PSON Alumni Meeting and Luncheon Celebrating 115 Years!
Sunday, October 27, 2019, 1:00 – 5:00 PM
The Water Club
500 East 30th Street @ the East River
New York, NY 10016
RSVP and registration REQUIRED by October 14, 2019*
Email email@example.com; call 212-614-6157 or send registration form to: PSON Alumni Association – 776 Sixth Avenue 4th Floor, New York, NY 10001
Please spread the word to your former classmates and Alum about the upcoming Luncheon and Scholarship Opportunity! And take advantage of active membership benefits by joining the Alumni Association now and stay connected.
*See a list of benefits and download a membership application, luncheon registration form and scholarship application at this site!