Global Health Care Experience
Today’s multicultural world demands that health care providers be prepared to deliver care to diverse patient populations. The Phillips School of Nursing (PSON) is committed, as stated in its mission, to offering its nursing students and faculty the opportunity to experience and understand health from a global perspective.
PSON has established a number of international partnerships at schools around the world where offerings of real-life opportunities to observe and participate in community and global health can be experienced. PSON's students have diverse and exciting experiences in the classroom and at domestic clinical sites. However, these experiences can be expanded and built upon as we collaborate with our international partners and utilize experienced faculty mentors for our students. The mutual end goal is to educate tomorrow’s nurses about global health through understanding and empathy for other communities. PSON's global health care experience emphasizes cultural, community, social sensitivity, and self-awareness while instilling a sense of responsibility in its graduates to become engaged global citizens and advocates for equitable human rights for all.
Currently, PSON is partnering with:
- The National Taipei University of Nursing and Health Sciences in Taipei, Taiwan
- The Taiwan Nurse Practitioners Association
- The Dayeh University, Republic of China
- Colombia Adventist University, Medellin, Colombia
- Centre de Formation Pour Les Secteurs Infirmier, Brussels, Belgium
- Bharathi Vidyapeeth University, Pune, India
- The University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
*Please note this Global Healthcare Experience will not be offered during the COVID-19 Pandemic.