Calm 4 Loved Ones
Calm 4 Loved Ones connects you with services and resources to help you and your loved ones take care of each other during COVID-19 and beyond.
"You have partners and spouses and friends who are facing economic distress, job loss, and illness. You have children home from closed schools, and they may be scared and confused … let’s remember to take the best care of each other that we possibly can.”
-Vicki R. LoPachin, MD, MBA Senior Vice President
Chief Medical Officer
Mount Sinai Health System
About Calm 4 Loved Ones
As part of Mount Sinai Wellness and Calm programming for our faculty, students, and staff, Calm 4 Loved Ones is dedicated to helping you and your significant others care for those you love―children, parents, family and friends. Created to address the unique needs revealed during COVID-19, we are here for you now and into the future.
Calm for Parents and Children
- One-to-One Consultations for Parents―Consult with a social worker to discuss the stresses of parenting in the context of COVID-19
- Academic Support and Extracurricular Enrichment for Your Children―In partnership with the Mount Sinai Parenting Center, the Child Behavioral Health and Science Center and a team of trained volunteers, we provide the following services to school children ages 5 to 17 for one hour per week via Zoom:
- Homework help
- Extracurricular enrichment
- Parenting Workshops Focused on Distance Learning―Join virtual workshops led by a neuropsychologist from the division of Child Psychiatry to help parents address the challenges and opportunities of distance learning.
Calm for Caregivers of Older Adults
- One-to-One Consultations for Caregivers of Older Adults―Discuss topics that are affecting you as you care for older adults, especially now in the context of COVID-19
- Virtual Support Groups for Caregivers―Join a support group led by Mount Sinai Calm social workers to learn about resources and to help you help older adults in your life.