Why Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai Urology is a leader in delivering first-class health care; patients from all over the country—and the world—come to New York City to benefit from our advanced, precision diagnosis and personalized, state–of-the-art treatments. Our team of board certified urologists care for men, women, children and newborns across a network of offices conveniently located throughout Manhattan and in Brooklyn, Queens, Westchester and Long Island. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked 14th nationally for Urology by U.S. News & World Report.
Led by one of the foremost surgeons and researchers in the field of prostate cancer, Ashutosh K. Tewari, MD, MBBS, MCh, Urology System Chair the urologic specialists at Mount Sinai are internationally renowned in robotic surgery and minimally invasive procedures to treat prostate, kidney, bladder, testicular, penile and adrenal cancers. Our multidisciplinary team treats advanced cancers; every option, including radiation and chemotherapy is available for our patients. We also oversee numerous clinical trials for prostate, kidney and bladder cancers.
Highlights of our program include:
- One of the most experienced robotic and reconstructive surgical teams for bladder, kidney and prostate cancer
- Precision Urology, including targeted fusion biopsies and focal therapy for prostate cancer
- Large active surveillance program for prostate cancer
- Dedicated Integrative Urology and Wellness program for men and women
- New York’s first Kidney Stone Center, offering state of the art, minimally invasive procedures with a unique focus on stone management and prevention
- Comprehensive treatments for erectile dysfunction, including penile prosthesis
- Specialists in female incontinence and urogynecologic disorders
- Newest minimally invasive techniques for BPH, including Rezum, UroLift and Botox
- Minimally invasive procedures to treat pediatric genitourinary anomalies, including robotics for more complex cases