At the Men’s Health Program at the Mount Sinai Health System, we help you lead a longer, more productive and healthier life. We are dedicated to a comprehensive approach to men’s health focusing on issues such as prostate cancer and sexual health but also supporting broader issues that are affected by mental health and lifestyle choices. We partner with various medical subspecialties as well as offer expertise in nutrition, exercise and holistic approaches to optimize health for men.
In general, men have higher rates of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, suicide and poorer overall health than women. Men are less likely to seek medical care and typically wait until a problem has persisted for a while before making an appointment to see a Doctor. Compared to women, men tend to have higher rates of physical inactivity, poorer nutrition, and greater alcohol consumption.
The pillars of our integrative Men’s Health Program focus on:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia and enlarged prostate
- Male and female urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction
- Holistic care for prostate cancer (i.e. sexual and voiding health)
- Urodynamics, neurourology
- Sexual dysfunction and hormone optimization
Internal Medicine and Subspecialties
- Internal Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Exercise / Trainer
Health and Lifestyle
- Nutritional consultation program to guide diet management
- Physical therapy with exercise consultants and full service gym assessment program
- Hormonal/metabolic and body composition monitoring