Podiatry Conditions and Treatments
Podiatrists offer a broad depth of nonsurgical and surgical services for foot and ankle conditions, including:
- Hammer toes and bunions
- Arthritic joints and tendinitis
- Flat feet
- Plantar fasciitis and heel pain, and soft tissue irregularities
- Pediatric conditions affect children and include issues such as flat feet, or clubfoot, and other foot and ankle issues that affect walking.
Treatment includes a variety of approaches:
- Advanced treatments use radiofrequency energy or ultrasound to treat conditions such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis.
- Diabetic foot care addresses issues that diabetes patients face, such as wounds, and Charcot. We use reconstruction, healing infections, and preventive care.
- Custom foot orthotics and other medical devices help us manage heel pain, tendonitis, neuromas, flat feet, metatarsalgia (pain in the ball of the foot), diabetic foot-related conditions, and arthritic joints.
Mount Sinai podiatrists work closely with their colleagues in orthopedic surgery, vascular surgery, dermatology, rheumatology, wound care, and physical therapy.