Mount Sinai Doctors-Staten Island, Breast Surgery
If you are worried about your breast health, or know you need a breast surgeon, Mount Sinai Doctors-Staten Island, Breast Surgery is here for you. Our breast specialist, Agnes Radzio, MD, MS, FACS, has more than 15 years’ experience in breast disease and breast cancer, and can expertly diagnose your condition and develop a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to you. Dr. Radzio speaks English, Polish, and Russian.
As a Mount Sinai Doctors-Staten Island, Breast Surgery patient, you will have the benefit of our extensive network of specialists, who work as a team to provide the newest treatments for benign breast disease and breast cancer. Dr. Radzio works closely with radiologists, medical and radiation oncologists, and genetic counselors to offer the full spectrum of services for breast disease. Your treatment plan is coordinated from our Staten Island location, where you can also receive your follow-up care.
Conditions We Treat
Dr. Radzio treats benign (noncancerous), high-risk, and cancerous conditions of the breast.
Benign breast conditions include:
- Breast cysts and calcifications
- Nipple discharge
- Breast abscess: Swollen, tender mass in the breast
- Fibroadenoma: Benign breast tumor
- Intraductal papilloma: Lump in the milk ducts of the breast
- Phyllodes (mostly benign) and desmoid (benign) tumors: rare tumors that arise from the breast connective tissue
- Breast pain
High-risk breast conditions are noncancerous but may increase your future breast cancer risk. To ensure there is no progression to cancer, treatment may be recommended.
High-risk breast conditions include:
- Flat epithelial atypia and atypical ductal hyperplasia: Abnormal cells within the milk ducts
- Radial scar or complex sclerosing lesion: A scar-like change in the breast that may be caused by another condition
- Atypical lobular hyperplasia: Abnormal cells in the breast lobules
- Lobular carcinoma in situ: Abnormal cells in the breast lobules, which can be high-risk for cancer in both breasts
- Invasive ductal and lobular carcinoma
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS): Stage 0, noninvasive breast cancer
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Recurrent breast cancer
- Malignant phyllodes tumor
- Breast angiosarcoma
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Services We Offer
Mount Sinai Doctors-Staten Island Breast Surgery offers the latest treatments available for benign breast disease and breast cancer, with state-of-the-art imaging and minimally invasive surgical capabilities. You will benefit from having access to the full resources of the Mount Sinai Health System, including the ability to participate in clinical trials offered at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Our breast services include:
- Initial consultation
- Diagnostic testing, including imaging tests such as 3D mammograms, ultrasound, CT, MRI and PET scans
- Minimally invasive diagnostic biopsies performed by skilled, specialized radiologists
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Development and management of a personalized treatment plan
- High-risk patient surveillance
- Surgery, including:
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Breast-conserving surgery/lumpectomy (removal of tumor and some surrounding tissue)
- Immediate reconstruction
- Plastic surgery breast reconstruction
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Lymph node biopsy
- Skin- and nipple-sparing mastectomy
- Core needle biopsy and fine needle aspiration
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- Medical oncology (chemotherapy and immunotherapy)
- Radiation therapy
Why Choose Mount Sinai Doctors-Staten Island
At Mount Sinai Doctors-Staten Island, you receive the benefits of the extensive resources of the Mount Sinai Health System at a location close to home, and the comprehensive, compassionate care that Mount Sinai is known for.